• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^

Niiiiiiice shoes there _AMD, you done well.

_AMD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
^^^

Niiiiiiice shoes there _AMD, you done well.

Thank you. I think that you might be more inclined to feel that way if you knew what I paid (I bought them from Ron's Ebay store). I am not sure if that would violate any rules or etiquette here, so I will refrain from providing that info until someone says that it is OK to do so.

Thanks again.

Aaron

_AMD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Aaron, nice shoes.

Thank you JayJay. I am really enjoying them. I am really hoping to add more RM's to my closet. In particular, I am obsessed with bmulford's pair in Elmo leather (see today's WAYWN post for reference).

Unfortunately, I think that this site has started me down a slippery slope. Anyone looking to hire someone for odd jobs?
tounge.gif

_AMD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoesies
those romaos are mint! are they expensive?

Actually, these are the best shoe purchase that I have made to date. These are a sample pair that I bought from Ron's Ebay store for a whopping $88.50, shipped.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Again, I could not be more pleased with the shoes, the deal, or my interactions with Ron (he is a top rate individual in my experience).

Thank you for the compliment.

Aaron

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by _AMD
Actually, these are the best shoe purchase that I have made to date. These are a sample pair that I bought from Ron's Ebay store for a whopping $88.50, shipped.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Again, I could not be more pleased with the shoes, the deal, or my interactions with Ron (he is a top rate individual in my experience).

Thank you for the compliment.

Aaron

Great deal! I agree, Ron is top notch.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Cravate_Noire, may I ask where and at what price Sir? I must admit that I don't care much for the excessive amount of nails and Frankenstitching on the sole; aside from those details, it is a very handsome shoe and I am on the lookout for a pair of punch captoe oxfords...

citoyen

Reaction score
then you should check the c&j belgrave. it should be half the price of that pictured by cravate unless it is on sale.

btw, this must be cravate´s wardrobe...;D
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
You can get these if you and your small feet want to...
ayq7v6.jpg

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
danke schoen Herr citoyen for the recommendation! The C&J Belgrave are indeed very nice and are pretty much what I'm looking for. However, the price (even from P.Lal) is more than I'm willing to pay. I actually inquired about those Santoni because I thought they were posted in response to _AMD's (inexpensive) Marteganis. I basically thought there was a deal of the decade somewhere on those Santonis...

Before I forget, a sincere thank you to many who regularly post here. I've learned a lot
worship.gif
in the last year or so... And spent quite a bit too!
devil.gif
So thank you and damn you as well!
biggrin.gif

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He is selling these @ B&S
Considering the limited ED's ive seen @ 1000euro, these wont be near PLAL's price for the C&J

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, just found the thread in B&S. Happy they're not my size because they are waaaay beyond my current budget. As an aside, I'm waiting delivery of a pair of C&J benchgrades from P. Lal, the most I've spent on a pair of shoes to date. Would have loved to get in on the recent Kurt Geiger EG action though...

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
btw, this must be cravate´s wardrobe...;D
Yeah, that was a good shot
smile.gif
Cravate_Noire, may I ask where and at what price Sir? I must admit that I don't care much for the excessive amount of nails and Frankenstitching on the sole; aside from those details, it is a very handsome shoe and I am on the lookout for a pair of punch captoe oxfords...
If you don't care for the, one might say slightly affected (though for Santonis LE really classic and calm) styling, the Belgrave is really a good alternative. Like speed said, LE Santonis are siginificantly more expensive than C&J Handgrades and besides this they are very limited, I think the Santoni Store in NY carries a few of them regularly and though I'm not entirely sure I think they retail there from the 1,6 or 1,8k point. As they are hard to find over here as well and come in very different (but all handmade/welted) kinds of construction, blind stitchings, hand stitched aprons, exotic leathers, fur linings and whatsoever (including unlimited tackiness, too) different models may sell at quite different prices. However, most of them I've seen here were in the 1,2-1,5€ area.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the added info Cravate_Noire. I'm relatively new to all of this and I hadn't found Santonis particularly attractive up to now. The uppers on that pair you have are gorgeous. Still, the soles are too much imho; yet topying them would be marsupialed... Do hope they sell though!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads