• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pant Recommendations?

bierz

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, and after a great deal of reading (and a few searches) I haven't seen many recommendations for pants. I am interested in purchasing several pairs of flat-front pants to wear to work, and I'd rather not buy them from Banana Republic, as that's where most of my current pairs are from. I'm used to spending ~$100, and ideally I'd like to keep the cost per pant to $200 or less.

Your suggestions/input are appreciated.

highball

Reaction score
+100

I have the hardest time finding slim fit, flat front pants in simple (gray/navy/etc) wools. This is partially because I'm short and have an odd size waist (31") but I'd certainly appreciate any suggestions.

MJC8719x

Reaction score
I just found a pair of Theory pants on BlueFly that are a fairly slim fit. I think they were about 130.

You could also try incotex on sale. STP has pairs for 150.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The B&S forum usually has a decent selection of Incotex, Mabitex and/or Valentini at any given time.

If you want slim-fit, I think that SF's own Get Smart's label Thick as Thieves will sell you MTM odd pants for about $150. You can't really get a better fit than that short of bespoke.

highball

Reaction score
That's good to know about TaT, will probably pursue that option.

Also, just noticed that Brooks Brothers has gabardine dress pants for $125 if you buy two pairs. Can anyone comment on their “Regent” fit, which they claim is a slimmer, more modern cut?

adambparker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a couple pair of BB regent gabardines and they are not particularly slim fitting. Rise is pretty traditional, if that bothers you, and while it is a little slimmer than the Madison model through the thigh and seat (though that's not saying much), it is still pretty full from the knee down.

I'm not thrilled with mine, and I'll probably get them slimmed down a bit and see how that are.

NB. They have a new "Milano" model coming out F08 which is supposedly a "European" cut and slimmer than regent. Anyone seen 'em?

kiLLscaLLion

Reaction score
Hmm I purchased a pair of Incotex from STP that wasn't slim at all, especially compared to the Theory pants I tried on later that week. Am I just imagining things? I had to return the Incotex.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on the Incotex being not-so-slim.

Also, they tend to be expensive at retail, but Ralph Lauren Black Label slacks are VERY nice and slim. I got one for $130-140 ish on a Gilt Groupe sale and it's by far my favorite and most versatile pair of pants.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For what it's worth, we'll be offering suit separates in dark charcoal, medium/dark gray and navy this Fall, and they will indeed be a slimmer fit available in both flat front or a single reverse pleat.

bierz

Reaction score
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with this issue.

I'll send a PM to GetSmart to see if I can get some pants made, and maybe a suit while I'm at it.

Thanks everyone.

RichmondStyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adambparker
I recently bought a couple pair of BB regent gabardines and they are not particularly slim fitting. Rise is pretty traditional, if that bothers you, and while it is a little slimmer than the Madison model through the thigh and seat (though that's not saying much), it is still pretty full from the knee down.

I'm not thrilled with mine, and I'll probably get them slimmed down a bit and see how that are.

NB. They have a new "Milano" model coming out F08 which is supposedly a "European" cut and slimmer than regent. Anyone seen 'em?

I think the Milano fit is only available in the casual pants from what I can tell from their web site.

bierz

Reaction score
Doc,

Where can I find the Italian Polo pants? I don't mind ordering online, but if you know of a place near Chicago where I could try them on that'd be ideal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads