• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wallet...in your front pocket or back pocket?

ozonemania

Reaction score
I carry mine either in front trouser pocket, or front breast pocket. I use the lightest, thinnest, smallest wallet possible... just enough to carry a few cards and some folded cash. That's all I need 90% of the time. I have another wallet to carry everything else and just take that too when I need to.

I also have a couple MTM trousers with an extra hidden pocket that opens at the waistband. It's large enough to fit a small card-holder wallet. I really like this... I've been thinking about taking other trousers to tailor see if they can do those too.

I really hate carrying keys and cell phones. Nowhere to really carry those without causing odd bulging and pulling. That's why I often carry a jacket/coat with me even though I might not need one.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually have my keys/cell/bb/wallet/etc in my briefcase. If I must carry the wallet on me - I use a small card holder and put it in my front pocket, so that my jacket covers it.

GentalGiant

Reaction score
Hey guys, why do you think women don't carry their wallet in their back pocket??? Right...because it blocks the view! Too much discussion about putting something where it doesn't belong.
Just put it all in a Stretch and FAGETABOUTIT!

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjaminarnold
back right pocket, unless i am wearing a suit in which case it goes in the inside breast pocket

+1

NinthCircle

Reaction score
When walking around places like La Rambla or Bourbon Street at night, I put my wallet (and passport if applicable) in my front pants pocket. The pickpocket will have to violently tear the pocket out to get at the goods, and I will probably notice (unless it is very late indeed)...

Admittedly it is uncomfortable to carry stuff in your front pockets, but you are aware at all times that the stuff is still there..

Arman

Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of said "card holder" with cards & cash folded? I've always kept my wallet in the back pocket. Of course I am lacking in the funds department so pick pockets beware!!!!
lol8[1].gif

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arman
Anyone have pictures of said "card holder" with cards & cash folded? I've always kept my wallet in the back pocket. Of course I am lacking in the funds department so pick pockets beware!!!!
lol8[1].gif

Aug05_0001-1_edited-1.jpg

And to my shame I admit I match the color to my briefcase/shoes.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arman
lol8[1].gif

Once, I was on vacation and because of all the horror stories I heard about pick pockets, I carried an old wallet with nothing but a card the read "Jesus Saves" in the ID window in my back pocket...it got lifted!!!!
bounce2.gif

flipside

Reaction score
back pocket.. I used to hate it in the back pocket, but when i sit down i barely notice its there

chestercopperpot

Reaction score
i use a small wallet like a card holder and keep it in my breast pocket of my blazer or my back pocket of my jeans all you really need is an id, credit card and a small amount of cash. unless you are still currently dealing drugs

probably should cut that out

kryn13

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
Once, I was on vacation and because of all the horror stories I heard about pick pockets, I carried an old wallet with nothing but a card the read "Jesus Saves" in the ID window in my back pocket...it got lifted!!!!
bounce2.gif

That's fantastic!

I only carry a small Koyono slimmy with a couple of cards and a bit of cash. Always in the breast pocket of my jacket or the front pocket of my pants if I'm not wearing one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads