Wallet...in your front pocket or back pocket?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by smoothie, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Executive

Executive Senior member

I dont carry a wallet. We use duffle bags. Straight cash.

2. ozonemania

ozonemania Senior member

I carry mine either in front trouser pocket, or front breast pocket. I use the lightest, thinnest, smallest wallet possible... just enough to carry a few cards and some folded cash. That's all I need 90% of the time. I have another wallet to carry everything else and just take that too when I need to.

I also have a couple MTM trousers with an extra hidden pocket that opens at the waistband. It's large enough to fit a small card-holder wallet. I really like this... I've been thinking about taking other trousers to tailor see if they can do those too.

I really hate carrying keys and cell phones. Nowhere to really carry those without causing odd bulging and pulling. That's why I often carry a jacket/coat with me even though I might not need one.

3. jhao

jhao Senior member

back right pocket, unless i am wearing a suit in which case it goes in the inside breast pocket

+1

4. bmulford

bmulford Senior member

I usually have my keys/cell/bb/wallet/etc in my briefcase. If I must carry the wallet on me - I use a small card holder and put it in my front pocket, so that my jacket covers it.

5. GentalGiant

GentalGiant New Member

Hey guys, why do you think women don't carry their wallet in their back pocket??? Right...because it blocks the view! Too much discussion about putting something where it doesn't belong.
    Just put it all in a Stretch and FAGETABOUTIT!

6. nootje

nootje Senior member

back right pocket, unless i am wearing a suit in which case it goes in the inside breast pocket

+1

7. NinthCircle

NinthCircle Well-Known Member

When walking around places like La Rambla or Bourbon Street at night, I put my wallet (and passport if applicable) in my front pants pocket. The pickpocket will have to violently tear the pocket out to get at the goods, and I will probably notice (unless it is very late indeed)...

Admittedly it is uncomfortable to carry stuff in your front pockets, but you are aware at all times that the stuff is still there..

8. Arman

Arman Member

Anyone have pictures of said "card holder" with cards & cash folded? I've always kept my wallet in the back pocket. Of course I am lacking in the funds department so pick pockets beware!!!![​IMG]

9. bmulford

bmulford Senior member

Anyone have pictures of said "card holder" with cards & cash folded? I've always kept my wallet in the back pocket. Of course I am lacking in the funds department so pick pockets beware!!!![​IMG]

[​IMG]

And to my shame I admit I match the color to my briefcase/shoes.

10. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

Once, I was on vacation and because of all the horror stories I heard about pick pockets, I carried an old wallet with nothing but a card the read "Jesus Saves" in the ID window in my back pocket...it got lifted!!!! [​IMG]

11. flipside

flipside Member

back pocket.. I used to hate it in the back pocket, but when i sit down i barely notice its there

12. chestercopperpot

chestercopperpot Senior member

i use a small wallet like a card holder and keep it in my breast pocket of my blazer or my back pocket of my jeans all you really need is an id, credit card and a small amount of cash. unless you are still currently dealing drugs

probably should cut that out

13. jbm7777

jbm7777 Senior member

I love breast pocket wallets, but I don't wear jackets enough to warrent one.

14. kryn13

kryn13 Senior member

Once, I was on vacation and because of all the horror stories I heard about pick pockets, I carried an old wallet with nothing but a card the read "Jesus Saves" in the ID window in my back pocket...it got lifted!!!! [​IMG]

That's fantastic!

I only carry a small Koyono slimmy with a couple of cards and a bit of cash. Always in the breast pocket of my jacket or the front pocket of my pants if I'm not wearing one.

15. needshoehelp

needshoehelp Senior member

Front pocket for casual pants (jeans, chinos), back pocket for dress slacks.