1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wallet...in your front pocket or back pocket?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by smoothie, Aug 5, 2008.

1. nootje

nootje Senior member

back right pocket, unless i am wearing a suit in which case it goes in the inside breast pocket

+1

2. NinthCircle

NinthCircle Well-Known Member

When walking around places like La Rambla or Bourbon Street at night, I put my wallet (and passport if applicable) in my front pants pocket. The pickpocket will have to violently tear the pocket out to get at the goods, and I will probably notice (unless it is very late indeed)...

Admittedly it is uncomfortable to carry stuff in your front pockets, but you are aware at all times that the stuff is still there..

3. Arman

Arman Member

Anyone have pictures of said "card holder" with cards & cash folded? I've always kept my wallet in the back pocket. Of course I am lacking in the funds department so pick pockets beware!!!![​IMG]

4. bmulford

bmulford Senior member

Anyone have pictures of said "card holder" with cards & cash folded? I've always kept my wallet in the back pocket. Of course I am lacking in the funds department so pick pockets beware!!!![​IMG]

[​IMG]

And to my shame I admit I match the color to my briefcase/shoes.

5. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

Once, I was on vacation and because of all the horror stories I heard about pick pockets, I carried an old wallet with nothing but a card the read "Jesus Saves" in the ID window in my back pocket...it got lifted!!!! [​IMG]

6. flipside

flipside Member

back pocket.. I used to hate it in the back pocket, but when i sit down i barely notice its there

7. chestercopperpot

chestercopperpot Senior member

i use a small wallet like a card holder and keep it in my breast pocket of my blazer or my back pocket of my jeans all you really need is an id, credit card and a small amount of cash. unless you are still currently dealing drugs

probably should cut that out

8. jbm7777

jbm7777 Senior member

I love breast pocket wallets, but I don't wear jackets enough to warrent one.

9. kryn13

kryn13 Senior member

Once, I was on vacation and because of all the horror stories I heard about pick pockets, I carried an old wallet with nothing but a card the read "Jesus Saves" in the ID window in my back pocket...it got lifted!!!! [​IMG]

That's fantastic!

I only carry a small Koyono slimmy with a couple of cards and a bit of cash. Always in the breast pocket of my jacket or the front pocket of my pants if I'm not wearing one.

10. needshoehelp

needshoehelp Senior member

Front pocket for casual pants (jeans, chinos), back pocket for dress slacks.

11. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

always the back pocket unless I'm in a city that is very crowded for pick-pockets. I have a front pocket wallet/card holder for those occasions.

12. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

I always carry my wallet in my back right pocket.

13. Harry Lean

Harry Lean Senior member

front chest pocket typically.

Good topic

Breast pocket is the way to go, but the pocket and jacket must be specially designed for it. Wallets in RTW breast pockets don't usually work.

14. laphroaig

laphroaig Senior member

back right pocket, unless i am wearing a suit in which case it goes in the inside breast pocket
    +1

15. Syl

Syl Senior member

Back pocket usually but when in crowded places (malls etc) it gets moved to the front pocket. I also dislike the bulge but with the amount of stuff often required to carry around, I don't seem to have a choice.

16. NiFTY

NiFTY Senior member

in all but one pair of jeans front pocket, with a jacket, in the jacket pocket unless i am wearing jeans, in suit pants alone in man-purse with mobile.

17. sgobowinski

sgobowinski New Member

I put my wallet directly down my pants. I can't stand things cramped in pockets. It's safer and much more comfortable. In addition - especially if you have a nicer wallet, it looks much nicer just to see the top of the wallet sticking out the top of your trousers rather than a giant bulge. And finally, it doesn't ruin the fabric, and you can't forget it and put it through the wash! I've never understood why guys jam the things in their pockets when you can just tuck it under your belt!

18. md2010

md2010 Senior member

True if you live in a third world country.

19. Varmant

Varmant Well-Known Member

20. BearHunter104

BearHunter104 Member

Front Pocket.................