• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any safe appetite suppressant?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Ive had a great accomplishment of reaching a slim and defined 170 lbs back in April, but after i started my new job, i relentlessly fought eating bad and eating on the go and eating , but slowly krept up to a 179-182 lbs of ***** abdomen again.

(no where near the 207 lbs i was earlier back in october)

but due to the stresses of work i am always having some sort of an uncontrollable appetite for food, especially junk.

anybody have a recommendation for an appetite suppressant over the counter or natural that works?

just want to use it for a week or two to get me primered to get my diet started and then handle it on my own from there.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
caffeine. drink that and water.

Also, I don't know how available junk food is at your work (aren't you at herbalife for crying out loud? :smile"), just don't bring any yourself. Bring healthy snacks.

When at the grocery store, just don't buy junk so it's not at home. That's what I do.

Taxler

Reaction score
The more water you drink the better. Apples are also very filling and take a good while to digest.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
caffeine is bad for me in the evening because i wont be able to fall asleep. junk food is still around in form of mcdonalds, taco bell across the street, and chips and burritos and candies all over the place here. anyone know where i can get hoodia gordonii ?
Get some caffeine in the morning at least, and just be sure to stop with that before 3 or 4 if it bothers your sleep. There are tons of people selling Hoodia - I think even Costco has it. I guess it's worth a shot, but I don't know much about it. Something with ephedrine in it might be a good idea as well, just don't take a big dose at a time because it has a definite crash like caffeine or sugar do. Bring healthy lunches and snacks (like baby carrots or celery with something light to dip in, or just salt) to work, so you can snack a little throughout the day and never let yourself get super hungry and then overeat.
Originally Posted by Taxler
The more water you drink the better. Apples are also very filling and take a good while to digest.
Water is good to a point, but when I drink too much of it, it stretches my stomach out and then I feel like I'm starving when I'm actually fine. Don't drink more than about 16 oz. per hour or so. I have a big 22oz. (I think) glass that I fill up every couple of hours throughout the day and even that is a bit much.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, at the least grab some caffeine in the morning. I was going to recommend Hydroxy-cut for its appetite suppression (nothing else) but that is due to the amount of caffeine in it and will keep you up most likely.

Besides that continue drinking water throughout the day and perhaps try some eggs, apparently they have some sort of ability to suppress appetite (studies show) that I can attest to, albeit it is nothing earth shattering.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Food has always worked well for me.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just want to use it for a week or two to get me primered to get my diet started and then handle it on my own from there.

not sure how you're going to handle it "on my own from there" if you can't do one to two weeks now?

-Jeff

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
not sure how you're going to handle it "on my own from there" if you can't do one to two weeks now?

-Jeff

it is like workout momentum. once i get it rolling it is easy to make it a habit and continue from my experience.

once i get the diet change going, after two weeks i can keep it up. lot of it from seeing results, it keeps me motivated.
thats how i got my weight down to 170 , but then something like a major change in work or environment disrupts it and i have to start it all over again.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it is like workout momentum. once i get it rolling it is easy to make it a habit and continue from my experience. once i get the diet change going, after two weeks i can keep it up. lot of it from seeing results, it keeps me motivated. thats how i got my weight down to 170 , but then something like a major change in work or environment disrupts it and i have to start it all over again.
Have you considered the AMWAY NUTRILITE Calorie Blocker?
devil.gif
http://www.nutrilite.com/en-us/Natur...-blocker.aspx?

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is Amway?

shoe: You could try consuming real tea and eating (don't need to chew, just swallow) the leaves.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would stay away from appetite suppressants - for my experience they seem to be a waste of money.

I avoid junk food by packing healthy, high protein snacks such as light yogurt, cottage cheese, Baby-bel light cheese, tuna, hard-boiled eggs, etc.

If I have no choice but to eat out I go to this website (www.healthydiningfinder.com) to help me make better choices.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sometimes if im really hungry before bed i eat pickles and olives, as they have nothing really to offer except something to make you feel more full.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads