• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any safe appetite suppressant?

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
sometimes if im really hungry before bed i eat pickles and olives, as they have nothing really to offer except something to make you feel more full.

Be careful with those olives - they are super high in fat (although it is a heart healthy monounsaturated fat
smile.gif
)

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eating usually suppresses my appetite. But seriously, try almonds. They have good fat and are high in fiber, two things that will suppress any appetite.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Food works. Try broccoli. It has few calories and will fill you up quickly.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Eat a large healthy breakfast like oatmeal and fruit and then eat frequent small meals throughout the workday as J suggested. then have some vegetable soup when you get home.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
where do i get the tea leaves? and what kind? thanks.

I'm not sure, I got mine in China but I think you can get them at any Asian tea shop.

gt.jpg

gt1.jpg

Mine are Green Tea

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is a kind of weird advice but my brother who is trying to get cut swears that altoids help suppress his appetite. i havent tried but he has told me on more than one occasion.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Originally Posted by why
ephedra
+1

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lefty
Shoe, willpower for the win.

lefty

Seriously, just put a stop to your binge eating habit. Otherwise, overeating-dieting would perpetuate into a revolving cycle. It's not like life were not troublesome enough as is.

lithium180

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
A product that allows you to consume food, yet receive no nutritional benefit whatsoever?

Why not just visit a vomitorium?

Shoe, willpower for the win.

lefty

Willpower all the way.

I don't understand the appeal of supplements. Why "trick" your body into not engaging in its natural processes. The problem is not that you're feeling hungry, it's that you're not satisfying that hunger with filling, natural products.

I haven't been able to eat fast food since I did the Master Cleanse a year and a half ago. (I should clarify that I did it to detoxify and not as a diet). After it, I was never able to stomach such slimy, greasy, chemical-filled food again. If you really have a strong stomach for that stuff, you are going to need to reengineer your eating habits in a much more profound way if you want to kick the habit for good and stay in shape for the long term.

This is THE book on the topic of diet restructuring for the modern era: Eat Drink and be Healthy: The Harvard Medical School Guide to Healthy Eating

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
Be careful with those olives - they are super high in fat (although it is a heart healthy monounsaturated fat
smile.gif
)

I don't know about olives, but pickles also have massive amounts of sodium.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
I don't know about olives, but pickles also have massive amounts of sodium.

Yeah, and that might make you thirsty.

Careful.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Yeah, and that might make you thirsty.

Careful.

rolleyes.gif

It also might increase your blood pressure and lead to things like heart disease and kidney disease. It also makes you retain water which makes you look bloated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics