• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official MMA thread

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
get it while it lasts

[there was a youtube link to fedor fight here before]

edit....well, it didnt last long!

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
andersons apponent was a straight *****. i hate when these guys do that. yes im sure the punch hurt, but he wasnt out and just crawled up waiting to get punched. atleast move around stay on the ground and try to get your composure back. he took the easy way out. i hate when these guys do that, 0 heart.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
andersons apponent was a straight *****. i hate when these guys do that. yes im sure the punch hurt, but he wasnt out and just crawled up waiting to get punched. atleast move around stay on the ground and try to get your composure back. he took the easy way out. i hate when these guys do that, 0 heart.
i don't care who you are, if you take a straight, clean shot from Silva when you are on one leg, curling up and praying for the fight to get stopped is all you could (and probably should) do, assuming you had the mental faculty to even make a rational thought (irvin was obviously in survival mode). You're not giving either fighter enough credit. And if Irvin is a *****, I wonder what that makes you? Respect.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you have the one chance, youre a scrub and you get put in there with anderson silva, you do anything it takes to win. he wasnt out, yes it hurt, but did you see what sylvia did when on the ground? atleast he tried to stay in it, thats what anyone with heart does. he CLEARLY wasnt out and looked for the easy way out. anderson didnt even start hitting irvin yet and he had his hands on his head waiting for him to come punch him and the ref to stop it! he didnt even look to see what was going on! if he had heart he would have tried to stick it out, just like any other real fighter does.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
you have the one chance, youre a scrub and you get put in there with anderson silva, you do anything it takes to win. he wasnt out, yes it hurt, but did you see what sylvia did when on the ground? atleast he tried to stay in it, thats what anyone with heart does. he CLEARLY wasnt out and looked for the easy way out. anderson didnt even start hitting irvin yet and he had his hands on his head waiting for him to come punch him and the ref to stop it! he didnt even look to see what was going on! if he had heart he would have tried to stick it out, just like any other real fighter does.

wow, you just don't get how devastating silva's hit was, do you? It's not a binary proposition, that if you're still technically conscious you can actually fight back. Irvin was so rocked, I don't think he sat there and thought, maybe I should cover up - that was an automatic instinct, and within less than a second he was getting barraged by pinpoint accurate punches to his head. You wanted him to "look to see what was going on"? You're probably more clueless than Irvin was immediately after the fight.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have you never watched a fight before? that happens to tons of guys, and in worse fashion. they go on the ground and grab the opponent and atleast try to get themselves back. but those guys have heart.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Predictable results from both fights. I was glad to see Fedor still has it, though. I really hope the Couture-Fedor fight doesn't come to pass. Randy is just too old to hang with the fury Fedor brings. I have no idea who could step up to beat either Fedor or Silva...

Brian SD

Reaction score
Makes me miss Pride in its glory days.

Looks like Fedor is still the ****.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What would happen if Silva fought Fedor?

Anyway I liked how Silva just grabbed Irvin's kick and then popped him in the face... the commentator was like, "[Irvin's] eye is bleeding like a faucet!"

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no clue why there was any doubt that Fedor would win.

Silvia? People give him too much credit. Most lackluster heavyweight I've ever watched fight.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
What would happen if Silva fought Fedor?

They seem to be the two best, regardless of weight.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad
They seem to be the two best, regardless of weight.
Yeah, and I know Fedor is heavier, but does that mean he'd have the advantage? I think that would be an interesting fight... I loved the somber music that Fedor had playing when he walked out to the ring... very ominous... foreboding.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads