• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Well dressed waiting for the iPhone

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/09/i...t-wear-a-suit/

Wonder how this guy will look in a couple of days after camping.

PS WTF is with people camping out for anything? Apparently some morons in NYC have been waiting outside the Apple store since last Friday. A whole week before the phone is even supposed to come out.

No wonder the US economy is going down the drain.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I knew someone would point out that the suit is black but:

1. He is, at least, wearing a suit.

2. I believe that in Japan, where this pic was taken, black suits are perfectly fine.

3. This post is a "joke" pointing out how ridiculous it is that people are lining up for a product. I contemplated putting it in General Discussion but I didn't because it's at least partially related to "dressing up".

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Why are they even lining up? In NYC the 1st one wasn't even sold out and you could go in there that same night and buy it no problem.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I do think it's pretty funny they reversed his thought balloon in the 2nd photo. Nice touch.

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want a pair of those cool shades everyone seems to be wearing
heh

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
No wonder the US economy is going down the drain.

I don't get the connection. Apple is an American company....the fact that people are waiting in line a week before a product launch bodes very well fro their bottom line.

I want a pair of those cool shades everyone seems to be wearing
Ask and ye shall receive

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Why are they even lining up? In NYC the 1st one wasn't even sold out and you could go in there that same night and buy it no problem.

Probably to make a scene or hoping for something special. The Apple stores in NYC get shipments every weekday so chances are if you do not get a phone that Friday, you will get one on Monday easily.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
My bff's bf is the manager of the new Meatpacking store and before was at the SoHo store. He said that they literally had thousands of them the 1st day and that people are stupid.

Hoping for something special? What? A free bowl of soup?

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
My bff's bf is the manager of the new Meatpacking store and before was at the SoHo store. He said that they literally had thousands of them the 1st day and that people are stupid.

Hoping for something special? What? A free bowl of soup?

People do stupid things thinking it will get them on TV or something.....

I dont really get the big deal of waiting in lines when you can just get it later in the week by walking in as a regular customer

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People crave to be part of something social. Kind of like this forum.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll admit it, I waited in line for a couple hours for iPhone v1...no way am I doing that again for v2.

Seeing as how my money now goes toward clothing and not gadgets, I'll probably wait a couple months until I get tired of EDGE and want 3G.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, in Japan, this is the first release of any iphone. There is no telling how much demand there could be since 3G coverage is very good there. It probably has the highest odds of selling out of any Apple store location.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
The point was you could get it the SAME day that everyone else did who sat in line for several days.

Laffertron

Reaction score
iPhone comes out tomorrow in Australia as well. Optus had a pre-registering thing on their website to guarantee an iPhone but they had to shut it off as they couldn't meet the level of demand.

I was going to get one for my wife for her birthday, but after mentioning we could have a hamster in our apartment I think I might have just saved myself several hundred dollars...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads