• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Well dressed waiting for the iPhone

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
I don't get the connection. Apple is an American company....the fact that people are waiting in line a week before a product launch bodes very well fro their bottom line.
I think you put 2 and 2 together and got 5. I'm referring to the fact that people would rather camp out for days+ at a time rather than go to a job*. Not as much with this one but when the 1st iPhone came out (as well as other tech products) I read many accounts of people calling in sick so that they could go get one. Great work ethic! *Now I realize that many who camp out are students who may be off for the summer or some such but many others aren't. Do these people not work?

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
I think you put 2 and 2 together and got 5.

I'm referring to the fact that people would rather camp out for days+ at a time rather than go to a job*. Not as much with this one but when the 1st iPhone came out (as well as other tech products) I read many accounts of people calling in sick so that they could go get one.

Great work ethic!

*Now I realize that many who camp out are students who may be off for the summer or some such but many others aren't. Do these people not work?

I think you did the same...

A microscopic sample size of the people in line for the iPhone leads to conclude on the health of our nation's economy?? There are approx 150 Apple stores in the U.S....assuming there are 100 people in line at every store RIGHT now (which there aren't), that's only 15,000. Even assuming ZERO of them have jobs (which isn't true), are these people that important to the U.S. economy that they are singlehandedly responsible for its poor performance?

I understand that you're implying it's more of a symptom than the cause of the disease...but still........

apples and oranges.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Also, in Japan, this is the first release of any iphone. There is no telling how much demand there could be since 3G coverage is very good there. It probably has the highest odds of selling out of any Apple store location.

you forgot that Japanese people love to wait in line for foods, games, electronics and everything you coulda think of.

jsherman02

Reaction score
Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates
I'm holding out for the 9xxx series blackberrys.

Enjoy the wait.

Maybe the guy pictured is buying it for his boss?

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok....i've just spent all evening/night with iPhone 2.0 and the application store.

let me just say, it's utterly amazing. the new applications are so fun/useful/intuitive/amazing/pretty.

Steve Jobs,
worship.gif
worship.gif

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
*Now I realize that many who camp out are students who may be off for the summer or some such but many others aren't. Do these people not work?

ck21.jpg

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that's very funny. The guy in the original picture reminded me of LK.

sherwin

Reaction score
I don't care how good your clothes are, you still look like an asshat camping in line for a freaking iPhone.

3demon

Reaction score
In Japan I noticed that even some homeless people were wearing suits

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
you forgot that Japanese people love to wait in line for foods, games, electronics and everything you coulda think of.

word. they wait for the latest dragon quest releases and skip work for it!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics