• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Ralph Lauren Outlet a@ Woodbury Opened Today 25% Off Promotion

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once again, you've outdone yourself, RLgirl... The list may look simple, but it must've taken awhile to make and I'm sure it was quite tedious as well...Much appreciated!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
worship.gif
RLGirl.

unaware

Reaction score
don't know how I missed some of these items when I was in the store yesterday. Bought two RLBL suits in 40R, one in faded black/nero (I thought it was dark grey until I checked the tag inside) and solid navy (same one RLgirl listed). Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I'm glad I decided to take a gamble and drive 45 min up there w/o knowing what's left.

ps. Tried on the RLBL dark brown in 38R. Chest area slightly larger than other RLBL 38's. It actually fits me perfectly. Still considering it.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartort
Bummer!

Sorry they aren't working out. Hope you can tailor them to your liking.

I ended up passing on the RLBL Charcoal in size 38. I just couldn't get an accurate read on what it would be like. The last description said it was charcoal, but very dark...almost black. Herringbone weave. Lastly, and this was both very intriguing and at the same time odd, given that it was black label, the jacket featured slanted pockets and a throat latch. I've never seen black label have these features. Polo sure, Purple sure, but this does not seem like part of the black label lexicon. Part of me wishes I took the chance on it just to see.

Does your black label charcoal suit have these features? If so, can you post a pic?

I have this suit. It is rather black looking, but faded. The herringbone weave is a nice touch but invisible unless you are close. Definitely view this as a black suit - i.e. forget about wearing brown shoes with it.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I have this suit. It is rather black looking, but faded. The herringbone weave is a nice touch but invisible unless you are close. Definitely view this as a black suit - i.e. forget about wearing brown shoes with it.
MetroStyles, Thanks for the clafication. In that case, I am glad I passed because I would have been expecting charcoal. I'm sure it's still a great suit, just not what I was in the market for or would have been expecting had a I placed an order. Alex/RLGirl is the best!!! can I nominate her as best SF SA ever. Or at least best SA 2008?

wq1999

Reaction score
Is a throat latch that extra fabric with a buttonhole that sticks out on one lapel?

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
we should treat Alex to something, she has done far beyound the call of duty, I will be up there Friday, if anyone thinks of something.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
we should treat Alex to something, she has done far beyound the call of duty, I will be up there Friday, if anyone thinks of something.

I will take her out for dinner and send you guys the bill.....its the least i can do for my buds!
crackup[1].gif

Regards.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wq1999
Is a throat latch that extra fabric with a buttonhole that sticks out on one lapel?
Exactly. It allows the jacket to be button up all the way when it is cold out. On some jackets, the throat latch is integral and part of the collar/lapel, in others is is attached itself by a button on the underside of one lapel. In the second case, you can detach the throat latch all together.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I tried on the 42L navy blue suit when I was up there on Saturday. The jacket could have fit a regular but the pants were a size 40. Obviously, I'm not sure if this is the exact same suit, but ask about the pant size if ordering. I actually had the same problem when I ordered last week, in that the suit didnt match the pants (the colors were not identical, and the pants were a size 40 with a size 42 jacket). In fairness, I was told about the size issue before I purchased, but the jacket had a blazer price tag. Both items were same weight wool but everyone I showed it to agreed the blue didnt match. However, the 42L I tried on at the store seemed to match color-wise, it was just that the pant size was off.

RichmondStyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PhiloVance
I think I tried on the 42L navy blue suit when I was up there on Saturday. The jacket could have fit a regular but the pants were a size 40. Obviously, I'm not sure if this is the exact same suit, but ask about the pant size if ordering. I actually had the same problem when I ordered last week, in that the suit didnt match the pants (the colors were not identical, and the pants were a size 40 with a size 42 jacket). In fairness, I was told about the size issue before I purchased, but the jacket had a blazer price tag. Both items were same weight wool but everyone I showed it to agreed the blue didnt match. However, the 42L I tried on at the store seemed to match color-wise, it was just that the pant size was off.

I think that you're right -- that probably was the suit that she mentioned. I called and spoke to Denise early today and it wasn't showing up and Alex indicated via PM that this might have been 1/2 of an outfit that was missing pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads