• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna Labels ID's for eBay purchasers (Graphic Intensive)

clintonf

Reaction score
AcuraNSX, you're very welcome.

Can anyone provide any date ranges for the labels, that way we could instantly know approximately how old an item is, simply by the label.

Ta

Zubberah

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Good thread. Seek and ye shall find!

Here is a Zegna label from a recent Dunhill suit, Made in Italy for Dunhill by Zegna.

Zegnalabels008.jpg

Zegnalabels007.jpg

Note the fabric code "P", and how the label differs from the other Zegna labels

Same labels in the pre-Donatella Gianni Versace Couture label (made by Zefna...usually with Zegna-subsidiary InCo sPa typewritten on bottom left of tag)

mplehmann

Reaction score
I have a question. One of the Ebay guides states:

"How to spot a fake Zegna Suit:

"Much like spotting fake cuban cigars, much of the detective work lies in the tag:...The real Zegna has extensions to the left of the 'E' in Ermenegildo...the fake does not and is block or square looking..."

In your view, is this true or not? I notice some of the tags pictured do have the blocky-looking "E."

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mplehmann
How to spot a fake Zegna Suit.........

The best method is ask for a picture of the fabric tag in the pocket, somewhat like a fingerprint if you will, rarely faked well!!

Years ago, a former forum member with an E bay store and I went through this with Hugo Boss fabric tags after someone accused him of selling fake Boss (he was not).
The fabric tags told the whole story and is, I believe, the best place to look first.

Clint,
you should lift the other images posted here, add them to your original post and ask that it be placed in the wiki.
Z

nsoltz

Reaction score
Another way of spotting a fake Zegna suit by the tag is the phrase "Boutique Ermengildo Zegna" in the larger space at bottom of tag. This is the style tag of all the suits from the largest seller of counterfeit Zegna's on eBay-- an outfit that alternates between several ID's and advertises every suit as Su Misura. The fake Chinese suits have a totally bogus label with stiching around the label and emblazened "Ermenegildo Zegna Paris."

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zegnamtl
The best method is ask for a picture of the fabric tag in the pocket, somewhat like a fingerprint if you will, rarely faked well!!

Years ago, a former forum member with an E bay store and I went through this with Hugo Boss fabric tags after someone accused him of selling fake Boss (he was not).
The fabric tags told the whole story and is, I believe, the best place to look first.

Clint,
you should lift the other images posted here, add them to your original post and ask that it be placed in the wiki.
Z

Z, Thanks for the advice. I'll sort it out on Friday probably and see whether I can get some better pictures.

Cheers

Clint

rodedidi

Reaction score
I came across another label recently that looks like label #4 but instead of Summer Trofeo it only says Trofeo, and in the left box where the family line is stated it only says Z instead of ZZ, EZ or EC.
Is this suit a fake?

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rodedidi
I came across another label recently that looks like label #4 but instead of Summer Trofeo it only says Trofeo, and in the left box where the family line is stated it only says Z instead of ZZ, EZ or EC.
Is this suit a fake?

Could you please take a photo of the labels?

Thanks

Clint

CoolBreeze

Reaction score
Is this suit a fake?

Hi Rodedidi,

MAybe I can help here.

Trofeo is an authentic Zegna fabric. It's the company's 17-micron superfine wool. Summer Trofeo, on the other hand, is a mixture of Trofeo wool and mohair.

From what little I know, the authentic Trofeo-based lines are:

1) Trofeo
2) Trofeo Silk (Wool / silk)
3) Summer Trofeo (Wool / Mohair)
4) Trofeo Cashmere (Wool / Cashmere)

Regards,
Cool Breeze
smile.gif

clintonf

Reaction score
Hi rodedidi, Cool breeze has beat me to it somewhat. All I can add is that it appears that your fabric tags are genuine.

I have done a quick scan on eBay looking for examples of your label and I found one from what appears to be a reputable seller.

Zegna Label

I would say that what you've been looking at is a genuine item. I've got several Trofeo suits, a Summer Trofeo and a Trofeo Silk (I've not seen a Trofeo Cashmere yet) and the tags are similar.

Of course I could be wrong....

Clint

CoolBreeze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clintonf
Hi rodedidi, Cool breeze has beat me to it somewhat. All I can add is that it appears that your fabric tags are genuine.

I have done a quick scan on eBay looking for examples of your label and I found one from what appears to be a reputable seller.

Zegna Label

I would say that what you've been looking at is a genuine item. I've got several Trofeo suits, a Summer Trofeo and a Trofeo Silk (I've not seen a Trofeo Cashmere yet) and the tags are similar.

Of course I could be wrong....

Clint

Hi Clint,

Trofeo Cashmere is a winter offering. Didn't see it till a few weeks ago at Varino in Chatswood Chase.

Probably too heavy for this climate anyway.

Cheers
Cool Breeze
smile.gif

rodedidi

Reaction score
Thanks guys, just one last question, how much do zegna trofeo suits retail for? and what would be a good price for a new one on ebay? And is there a huge diff in quality between the trofeo line and the 15mil line? and how much do those retail for?

clintonf

Reaction score
Thanks guys, just one last question, how much do zegna trofeo suits retail for? and what would be a good price for a new one on ebay? And is there a huge diff in quality between the trofeo line and the 15mil line? and how much do those retail for?

Hi rodedidi, I personally can't say whether you'll enjoy the Trofeo than the 15 MilMil 15 line, but I know that I have.

I have a couple of 15 MilMil 15 suits and 3 Sportscoats and they are very nice. I also have cashmere Zegna sportscoats and the 15 Mil Mil 15 compare favourably to them.

I have included a URL of the different fabrics that Zegna currently employ.

Zegna Fabrics

My suggestion to you would be to pop into your local Zegna Store and have a look at what they've got to offer.

Regarding the 'Bay, it's really hard to guage prices. I've paid $700 for a used Zegna suit, but I've also paid the same for a new one.

I would say, in my humble opinion, that You could be paying up to $1000 for a New with Tags offering from a reputable Zegna seller.

That's all I can offer at the moment.

Let us know how you get on.

Clint

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoolBreeze
Hi Clint,

Trofeo Cashmere is a winter offering. Didn't see it till a few weeks ago at Varino in Chatswood Chase.

Probably too heavy for this climate anyway.

Cheers
Cool Breeze
smile.gif

Speak for yourself Cool Breeze
laugh.gif
. We've got a little bit of sun over here at present (UK), but I'm pretty confident that this won't last, so Cashmere may come in handy in the next month or so.

Cheers

Clint

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads