1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Zegna Labels ID's for eBay purchasers (Graphic Intensive)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by clintonf, Apr 26, 2008.

1. gabe23111

gabe23111 New Member

Thank you for creating this thread, I'm learning a lot from it. I am a new poster and am at the beginning of my learning stage in terms of "mens style"

I purchased a Zegna suit and am hoping that it is not a knock-off. Shown are pictures of the inside jacket label. If anyone can help tell me what these labels mean I would be very greatful.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

oh.... I paid $450 for the suit. Is that the correct price point for this suit?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

Made with Zegna cloth not made by Zegna.

$450 for a new suit that fits you and you like isn't out of line.

3. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

Would love to see the same analysis applied to Zegna's ties.

Thread necromancy to see if anyone ever did this - would help out considerably in dating!

4. bjan

bjan Senior member

What does a F next to the size mean? For example 50F?

It's the spot I'd expect a R for regular or L for long. The shop clerk claimed it was a MTM that wasn't picked up but there was no Su Misura label.

So far I've seen this on both Milano and Couture.

+1 on this question. It's from an overcoat, if that helps.
    [​IMG]

5. deaddog

deaddog Senior member

Just bought a Zegna Suit and instead of a number or letter to denote some level/type of fabric there is a (+) . Any idea what this signifies?

I just saw a label like this - with a "+" intead of a letter. Does anybody know what it signifies or where it falls in the fabric hierarchy?

6. deaddog

deaddog Senior member

I just saw a label like this - with a "+" intead of a letter. Does anybody know what it signifies or where it falls in the fabric hierarchy?

Anybody?

7. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

8. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

9. nich

nich Active Member

On this suit, I assume by the label that it's just the cloth, not the manufacture, that is Zegna? http://cgi.ebay.com/E-ZEGNA-Suit-42-...ht_1208wt_1139
    The dark red label is the "Zegna Cloth" label. No matter how blurry its easy to tell because its the only label that looks like that. If they didn't provide a picture of the label you could still tell by the fact that they emphasize CLOTH by capitalizing it in the title of the auction

10. WorkingOnIt

WorkingOnIt Senior member

Bumping an old thread.

I found a Zegna of unknown lineage and was wondering if someone could provide more information.

The label says Ermenegildo Zegna MultiSeason and the tag has ZHQ for the family group. The label looks closest to the mainline EZ Summer Trofeo. Is there anything hidden/bad that I should know about this line, or is it good to go?

Thanks!

11. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

If it is Trofeo trofeo means trophy . It's cloth made from award winning wool. I'm not sure what you mean by the label looking like mainline trofeo. Post pics

12. WorkingOnIt

WorkingOnIt Senior member

[​IMG]

It is not a Trofeo label, it just looks closest to that label in the OP's post. I've tried searching and can't find anything on this line.

13. whizzkid15

whizzkid15 New Member

Really helpful thread,and a really nice site that i have only just discovered.i am currently in the market for a new suit as i have a big job interview comming up :) ,i often buy over the internet and often use ebay for all sorts of nice clothes,im up to scratch on how to weed out any fakes being sold online,but i have never owned a Zegna suit before and would appreciate any help on the subject,namely the large white label inside jacket pockets that has all the numbers and letters on,from this thread alone i have got the jist of what some of it means,but is there anyone out there who could break down that label section by section?are these only in suits that have been tailor made,as they appear to have a client number?and if so does it mean that it is probably a higher quality product?i guess i should really be getting out an italian-english dictionary to break this label down!im more than aware that the best advice when buying online is go through a reputable seller,but i always like trying to find the value out there ;) ,but yeh any help in breaking that label down would be mucho appreciated........

14. dongale

dongale Active Member

Loving this old thread. Really helpful. I got a Zegna jacket today that I'm planning to sell, but I wanted some more info about it. Can anyone help?

1) I know from the original post that this is an older jacket, but how old? 90s? Early or Mid-2000s? It's in near perfect shape.
    2) What is Z8? I saw on here that the Et Cli. box is the fabric line, and I read about a few labels, but didn't see anything about Z8. ??
    3) Can anyone tell me what the different boxes are? I can figure out the size, length, etc...but I'm wondering if this tells me the date or anything else like that.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. poincare0

poincare0 Well-Known Member

LOL at all this trusting/relying of/on these tags.

Those things are easier to replicate than a made in china ralph lauren polo shirt by a made in china fake ralph lauren polo shirt [​IMG]

as we all should know by now the famous adage 'On the internet nobody knows you are dog ' is king

16. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

LOL at you thinking there are many Zegna counterfeiters out there.

17. adrs

adrs Member

Hi all Friends,
    Thanks for this awesome forum & this thread.
    Need help what's does mean
    CH7on the Et Cli. Not ZC, EZ or ZZ...
    Is this authentic or fake from Zegna ?
    And how old for these jacket f based on the Label ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Many Thanks for all input & advises, I will appreciate..

18. stevent

stevent Senior member

Great thread, thanks for the info!

19. gregbendash

gregbendash New Member

Hi there,

I realise that this is a quite old thread, but I'm curious as to whether or not the suit I just bought last week is a genuine Zegna. Here are the images I took from the inside label and the tag that is suspiciously low on information. I'm guessing it's Zegna fabric but not made by Zegna?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bought it for around 280 USD (converted price as I don't live in the US).

(P.s.: tried to do the pitch test but it seems that it has three layers, so I'm not sure)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  20. clintonf

clintonf Senior member