• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dior Homme Fragrance.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has had first hand experince with the dior homme mens fragrance. Im looking for a nice fragrance but I really wanted to try the Dior homme but there is no where near me to try it.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only know about Dior Homme women's fragrance.
devil.gif

Half Honky

Reaction score
It's sweet, a lot like a purse with lipstick. That said, it's one of my favorite mainstream fragrances.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If you like to smell of lipstick and cocoa puffs, then by all means Dior Homme is your scent.

eidolon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Half *****
It's sweet, a lot like a purse with lipstick. That said, it's one of my favorite mainstream fragrances.
Yes, it dries down pretty well, and the sweetness does get dulled slightly, but it's always there. I like it a lot, and I'm not really a big fan of sweet scents, but it's really something you should try and get a decant/sample of before you buy it if you don't know how you feel about sweet scents.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well im kind of new to fragrances the only ones I have tried are he ones at nordstrom and the only ones that remotley interested me where Versace 'Eau Fraiche' and Aqua Di Gio. Would any of those classify of Sweet? Also where can I get samples? Thanks

eidolon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
Well im kind of new to fragrances the only ones I have tried are he ones at nordstrom and the only ones that remotley interested me where Versace 'Eau Fraiche' and Aqua Di Gio. Would any of those classify of Sweet? Also where can I get samples? Thanks
Basenotes.net. Register a forum account, have a verified paypal address and start picking some stuff out. Plenty of reputable posters there who have been selling decants (little plastic atomizers) for ages. If you have zero experience with fragrances I could give you some beginner recommendations for the classics and the current popular scents, and something clarifying what each of the scents would be considered so you can get a taste for different 'genres.' Aqua Di Gio isn't sweet (it's also extremely popular, which leads to people looking down on it for smelling the same as everyone else), and I have no experience with that Versace scent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads