• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Rubinacci Thread.

brescd01

Reaction score
By the way, that list of shirtmakers, which was hopelessly mediocre (as are all Monsieur's lists), must be at least as old a grudge as you were decrying on FNB. If you only knew what I was going through personally at the time, I was counting bathroom breaks I was so busy. But a guy glued to the fora wouldn't know about THAT would he? At least aour cards are on the table so to speak, Manton. Are you joking or are you really bitter about that list? Because if you really are, that is a little sad.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
David, that is not a grudge. It is an example of the graceless, entitled, cloddish, clueless behavior you have shown over the course of your four (five?) years online. You seem to think that we are all here to answer your questions and jump when you tell us to jump, and even to provide you with private information. I well remember the various accusations you threw my way when I declined to reveal to you details about my salary and employment.

Yet when a person asks you to give back in some small way, and post some information that is directly relevant to the topic at hand, you not only cannot be bothered, you attack the requester.

Your more recent requests -- no, demands -- are of a piece. If you wonder why people don't respond, now you know. But of course you have been told all this before, and cannot be made to understand.

Time for another "open your ledger" thread on AAAC, no? I promise I will not post in it.

brescd01

Reaction score
And this post is emblematic of your being Dag Hammarskjold? At least I don't have an entire web site virtually devoted to my ridicule. Whether FNB is justified or not, that is a considerable amount of animosity you have managed to provoke.

I think you have read a lot into things I have written that I did not intend, which says a lot about the paranoid way you see other people. So far as requests for information, I have never been particularly well informed, but anyone who asked me things received a quick answer, except for you, that one time. And apparently you are not the forgiving type. So far as your secretiveness, this contributes to what I (and others) believe to be your slightly creepy persona. But if you like that sort of thing....

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brescd01
your secretiveness

What secretiveness? Have I even tried to hide who I am or what I do or where I live or what tailors I use? I have, it is true, declined to have my accountant provide you with my receipts, tax returns, and financial records. The fact that you think this makes me "secretive" I think amply demonstrates that your perspective is more than a little warped.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

brescd01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
my receipts, tax returns, and financial records.

The fact that you obsessively repeat this accusation suggests your own cognitive distortion. As I recall, the only personal question I ever posed to you (privately I might add) was what you did professionally.

Just send me the 1099, U/A and stool sample I requested and we will let bygones be bygones...

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
That is, to say the least, false.

In any case, you have repeatedly asked not just me, but basically everyone to divulge the details of their spending habits. Nearly everyone has declined to do so. Not taking the hint, you then move from the general to the particular, and start asking individuals -- perfect strangers, no less -- point blank to give you details of their financial life. It's akin to meeting someone at a cocktail party and straight-away asking him how much he makes and what his house is worth.

Now, in normal society, this is considered rude. I and everyone I know was brought up to understand that. You apparently were not, or at least have managed to unlearn the lesson.

In any event, everyone (to my knowledge) has simply ignored your point blank requests, I suppose out of embarassed silence. Your response is either to repeat the demand in ever more exasperated terms, or to decry people's "secretiveness."

This is not normal, and it is not polite.

Once again, I will point out that this has been pointed out to you time and again, to no avail. I know that I am wasting my time. When I made that flip comment about your idiotic belief that Matt owes you information about his spending habits, I did not intend to get dragged into another attempt to help you achieve self-awareness. I regret it.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
That is, to say the least, false.

In any case, you have repeatedly asked not just me, but basically everyone to divulge the details of their spending habits. Nearly everyone has declined to do so. Not taking the hint, you then move from the general to the particular, and start asking individuals point blank to give you details of their financial life.

Now, in normal society, this is considered rude. I and everyone I know was brought up to understand that. You apparently were not, or at least have managed to unlearn the lesson.

In any event, everyone (to my knowledge) has simply ignored your point blank requests, I suppose out of embarassed silence. Your response is either to repeat the demand in ever more exasperated terms, or to decry people's "secretiveness."

This is not normal, and it is not polite.

Once again, I will point out that this has been pointed out to you time and again, to no avail. I know that I am waisting my time. When I made that flip comment about your idiotic belief that Matt owes you information about his spending habits, I did not intend to get dragged into another attempt to help you achieve self-awareness. I regret it.

Pun intended?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I have to say that while $5,600 is very expensive for a suit, these Rubinacci suits appear to be a high standard of craftsmanship and style.

I agree as well with Manton that asking people for detailed spending information is quite rude. It's simply none of your business.

brescd01

Reaction score
I guess I should not expect more than these ridiculous exagerations from someone who leads a vigorous fantasy life in the fora. As I said, whatever my flaws, I do not have a web site devoted to my ridicule. That should give you some insight, but sadly has not. And that you make yourself out to be some internet avenger of manners, is quite amusing. Especially with your churlish persona. I bet you don't talk like this to Rudy or Rupert!

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I guess I should not expect more than these ridiculous exagerations from someone who leads a vigorous fantasy life in the fora. As I said, whatever my flaws, I do not have a web site devoted to my ridicule. That should give you some insight, but sadly has not. And that you make yourself out to be some internet avenger of manners, is quite amusing. Especially with your churlish irritable persona. I bet you don't like this to 911iani!

Well, not devoted solely to ridiculing Manton. Also to attacking me, dopey, portnoy, jcusey, Teacher and a few others who have crossed imaginary lines in the minds of certain banned posters.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I guess I should not expect more than these ridiculous exagerations from someone who leads a vigorous fantasy life in the fora.
I am mildly curious to know what you think I am fantasizing about.

As I said, whatever my flaws, I do not have a web site devoted to my ridicule.
Actually, David, they used to make fun of you quite a bit, but got bored with you. You haven't given them anything new to work with in a long time.

Especially with your churlish persona.
To quote Inigo Montoya, "You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." IMMSMC, you first used it on me when I declined to answer your interrogations about my personal life on LL. That was not "churlish". You have subsequently used the word repeatedly to tag anyone who declines to answer one of your intrusive, unwarranted questions. I think you really need to look it up in the dictionary.

I bet you don't talk like this to Rudy or Rupert!
This is true, but then they don't behave like you.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Were I to be selecting tailors internationally, I would be headed for the "expatriots" from the greatest firms, for example see the A&S thread. Panico for Rubinacci, Anderson etc for Hunstsman. I am only speaking crudely here, I do not know any of these people and I rely on the Internet to understand the familial relationships. Actually, I would probably end up at the even more undercover tailors. They are less expensive and I love the feeling of "objet trouve". Again, I am just asking, these garments are exquisite, to my eye, particularly the tweed odd jacket whose pattern I love.

I guess that all I can say is that I prefer what I want to something that is more obscure. Rarity, for its own sake, does not hold much interest for me. As far as price, I feel I get more satisfaction from them than they cost, so I can't really complain.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
IThis is true, but then they don't behave like you.

I guess you've never brought up your pet ferrets with 911iani.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads