1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Rubinacci Thread.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by whnay., Jun 6, 2008.

1. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

They don't chang eprices constantly to reflect the two currencies. In early '06, when the London store opened, they made the prices equal. They have not changed them since.

That makes sense as Euro has surged against the Sterling in the past year or so.

2. EasyGoing

EasyGoing Senior member

Whnay, what great idea for a thread. I noticed that your suit has considerably less drape than Iammatt's. Could any of the MR clients comment on this? Also, it looks like you have a conventional sleevehead attachment instead of the shirt-sleeve type?

--Andre

I was going to mention the same thing. Was the suit made in London or Naples?

3. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

They don't chang eprices constantly to reflect the two currencies. In early '06, when the London store opened, they made the prices equal. They have not changed them since.

Interesting.

Is there a third set of dollar prices if you meet them in NYC?

And what determines the geographic price structure of the final bill...the location where you are first measured? The location to which it is delivered (I'm disregarding things like VAT and duty)?

I'm asking these somewhat rhetorically, since there would be no reason for you to know exactly what the answers are.

Bill and Matt. F., since the two of you were measured in Naples, but then fitted in London and/or NYC, did you pay the Neopolitan price?

And Cantabrigian, since you were measured and fitted in NYC only, to what pricing structure was your commission pegged?

- B

4. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Mariano suggested the sleeve and shoulder construction be more typical of a formal suit on my DB, I'm sure I could have requested otherwise but felt right about his suggestion. My jackets, as you'll see later, have a shoulder construction similar to most of Matt's stuff.

All my garments were made in Naples. Initial down payment and settlement was handled in GBP. Since my next order will originate in NYC or Naples I'll be interested to see how that changes, if any.

5. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

I like the fact you bought a DB and didn't stick to all this SB nonsense.

Very nice...

6. jmstephan

jmstephan New Member

A., should you and I pool resources and start the A&S ex-pat thread?

- B

I, for one, would be very interested in an A&S ex-pat thread.

7. whnay.

Picture of the sleevehead. More pics to follow this evening. Matt and Matt don't be shy.
    [​IMG]

8. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

9. whnay.

Nice shirt - Charvet?

Yes, color is Lilac. Tie is Rubinacci. Square is Arnys. Shoes are C&J. But enough about those firms.

10. whnay.

More pictures of the DB. Next time I see Mariano I'm going to ask him to adjust the button placement but just a 1/4" of an inch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yow.

What DB was meant to be.

12. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Nice suit. How much stylistic flexibility does Rubinacci allow? For my tastes, I'd probably want slightly narrower lapels and a shorter jacket. Perhaps slightly narrower sleeves as well. Did you talk to him about these kinds of details, or does you suit reflect the house style?

13. Panzeraxe II

Panzeraxe II Senior member

A great DB. A minor point - you may want to consider having Rubinacci lenghthen the sleeves by 0.25 - 0.50".

14. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

Interesting.

Is there a third set of dollar prices if you meet them in NYC?

And what determines the geographic price structure of the final bill...the location where you are first measured? The location to which it is delivered (I'm disregarding things like VAT and duty)?

I'm asking these somewhat rhetorically, since there would be no reason for you to know exactly what the answers are.

Bill and Matt. F., since the two of you were measured in Naples, but then fitted in London and/or NYC, did you pay the Neopolitan price?

And Cantabrigian, since you were measured and fitted in NYC only, to what pricing structure was your commission pegged?

- B

I was measured for my first suit in Rome, had my first fitting there, second fitting in London, and ordered my second suit in London. I was quoted prices of 4000 Euro in Rome, 3000 pounds in London. At the time, both were the equivalent of $6000.

15. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

That db looks perfect Bill.

You must be one of the better dressed bankers at the bank. Raising the bar.

16. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

I'm sponsored by Rubinacci.

They pay me 3000 Euro per jacket to just keep being a baller. [​IMG]

17. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

I have nothing to add but a [​IMG]

Edit: I think the buttoning stance is fine.

18. kcc

kcc Senior member

I'm sponsored by Rubinacci.

They pay me 3000 Euro per jacket to just keep being a baller. [​IMG]

Okay shot-caller, when are you gonna' post your pics? [​IMG]

19. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Elegant and tasteful Bill. Congrats![​IMG]

20. Brad

Brad Senior member

Do you feel the upper arm is a tad too full, whnay.? Maybe it's just a funny angle in the pic.