• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by miquelangelo
Hi Dear SF,

I am a new SF Member, im introduce myself later in the introduce yourself thread but first of all, i want to sell something:
Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

If you can't post in the B&S forum yet, best to develop the post count that allows you to do so.

Also include some info re: your rep, for ex if you have a longer track record on ebay or superfuture.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by needshoehelp
I've seen some Brants with the LP Extreme fabric in Marshall's and the fabric is just atrocious--actually can't believe it was Loro Piana. Stiff and cheap-looking.

Atrocious, maybe. But it's Extreeeemmme!!!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Honestly, though, the $129 asking price is fantastic and the extreme(
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
) fabric probably makes it a wonderful rain suit.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can't speak to the cut as I've never owned one, but is a nicely made (Ermenegildo Zegna, canvassed) suit at a really excellent price. I've had good dealings with the seller too.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Well, he was trying to get $600 previously, so maybe he considers $499 or make an offer, a bargain. The market might not think it's a bargain though.
laugh.gif

If the suit is really NWOT and the seller has a receipt or tags, why not show photos of them? If he's trying to get top dollar for the suit that seems like a good idea.

Problem is that it's one of the Chester Barrie suits on sale at Yoox this winter, I got mine NWT for less than that amount.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Also thinking about buying this, as it's only 150$ and the windowpane looks quite nice in the close up. Loro Piana 110... But I'm somewhat concerned about the construction, as I don't have any knowledge of "Silverstone" as a suitmaker. A quick forum search reveals that they're somewhat middle of the road quality-wise but always use Loro Piana wool. Opinions as always appreciated. http://cgi.ebay.com/Nwt-Loro-Piana-C...QQcmdZViewItem

drducky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Also thinking about buying this, as it's only 150$ and the windowpane looks quite nice in the close up. Loro Piana 110... But I'm somewhat concerned about the construction, as I don't have any knowledge of "Silverstone" as a suitmaker. A quick forum search reveals that they're somewhat middle of the road quality-wise but always use Loro Piana wool. Opinions as always appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nwt-Loro-Piana-C...QQcmdZViewItem

I've seen Silverstone at Marshalls with some of the Arnold Brant
not the Loro Piana fabric of fame; some have the same label and I assume from the same Canadian factory as the Brant
$150 isn't a lot of money either way, especially if expectations are low, ie a decent workhorse suit with fused construction

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Silverstone is definitely from the same factory as the Brant. They have the same tag as many other Canadian suits such as Lauren Green Label, CK, and Michael Michael Kors.

Like the Brant, they are a great deal for the $130 Marshalls asks.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Silverstone is the house brand for SFI (and the family name of the owners), the former parent company of Arnold Brant. They are indeed made in the same factories and pretty much to the same standards. Cuts and fabrics will differ however.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by element02
Nice Isaia glenplaid suit.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2695-GIANLUCA-IS...QQcmdZViewItem

I saw this one earlier, and I don't know if it's the pictures doing it or if it's just like that, but from a distance the pattern looks really, really odd and frankly unattractive imho. And this is coming from someone who really likes a nice glenplaid.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have a **** ton of them in different sizes at the off 5th in Minneapolis, well, like 5, the very same Isaia plaid suits.
I didnt really like them in person.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads