ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drizzt3117, Oct 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. element02

element02 Senior member

2. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

Hi Dear SF,

I am a new SF Member, im introduce myself later in the introduce yourself thread but first of all, i want to sell something:
    Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

If you can't post in the B&S forum yet, best to develop the post count that allows you to do so.

Also include some info re: your rep, for ex if you have a longer track record on ebay or superfuture.

3. needshoehelp

needshoehelp Senior member

Nice Arnold Brant tan suit. Anyone familiar with the Loro Piana Extreme fabric?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Loro-Piana-Arnol...QQcmdZViewItem

I've seen some Brants with the LP Extreme fabric in Marshall's and the fabric is just atrocious--actually can't believe it was Loro Piana. Stiff and cheap-looking.

4. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Affiliate Vendor

I've seen some Brants with the LP Extreme fabric in Marshall's and the fabric is just atrocious--actually can't believe it was Loro Piana. Stiff and cheap-looking.

Atrocious, maybe. But it's Extreeeemmme!!!!! [​IMG]

Honestly, though, the $129 asking price is fantastic and the extreme([​IMG] ) fabric probably makes it a wonderful rain suit.

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

6. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

I can't speak to the cut as I've never owned one, but is a nicely made (Ermenegildo Zegna, canvassed) suit at a really excellent price. I've had good dealings with the seller too.

7. pabloj

pabloj Senior member

Well, he was trying to get $600 previously, so maybe he considers $499 or make an offer, a bargain. The market might not think it's a bargain though.[​IMG]

If the suit is really NWOT and the seller has a receipt or tags, why not show photos of them? If he's trying to get top dollar for the suit that seems like a good idea.

Problem is that it's one of the Chester Barrie suits on sale at Yoox this winter, I got mine NWT for less than that amount.

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Also thinking about buying this, as it's only 150$ and the windowpane looks quite nice in the close up. Loro Piana 110... But I'm somewhat concerned about the construction, as I don't have any knowledge of "Silverstone" as a suitmaker. A quick forum search reveals that they're somewhat middle of the road quality-wise but always use Loro Piana wool. Opinions as always appreciated. http://cgi.ebay.com/Nwt-Loro-Piana-C...QQcmdZViewItem

9. drducky

drducky Senior member

Also thinking about buying this, as it's only 150$ and the windowpane looks quite nice in the close up. Loro Piana 110... But I'm somewhat concerned about the construction, as I don't have any knowledge of "Silverstone" as a suitmaker. A quick forum search reveals that they're somewhat middle of the road quality-wise but always use Loro Piana wool. Opinions as always appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nwt-Loro-Piana-C...QQcmdZViewItem

I've seen Silverstone at Marshalls with some of the Arnold Brant
    not the Loro Piana fabric of fame; some have the same label and I assume from the same Canadian factory as the Brant
    $150 isn't a lot of money either way, especially if expectations are low, ie a decent workhorse suit with fused construction

10. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Looks like the dunhill is the better buy of the two overall.

11. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Affiliate Vendor

The Silverstone is definitely from the same factory as the Brant. They have the same tag as many other Canadian suits such as Lauren Green Label, CK, and Michael Michael Kors.

Like the Brant, they are a great deal for the $130 Marshalls asks.

12. EL72

EL72 Senior member

Silverstone is the house brand for SFI (and the family name of the owners), the former parent company of Arnold Brant. They are indeed made in the same factories and pretty much to the same standards. Cuts and fabrics will differ however.

13. element02

element02 Senior member

14. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Nice Isaia glenplaid suit.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2695-GIANLUCA-IS...QQcmdZViewItem

I saw this one earlier, and I don't know if it's the pictures doing it or if it's just like that, but from a distance the pattern looks really, really odd and frankly unattractive imho. And this is coming from someone who really likes a nice glenplaid.

15. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

They have a shit ton of them in different sizes at the off 5th in Minneapolis, well, like 5, the very same Isaia plaid suits.
    I didnt really like them in person.