Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drizzt3117, Oct 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. EL72

EL72 Senior member

They have a shit ton of them in different sizes at the off 5th in Minneapolis, well, like 5, the very same Isaia plaid suits.
    I didnt really like them in person.

Yup. I've seen this one too (though in notch lapel) in 38R and the fabric is nice but the pattern is weird. Up close it looks like a nice glenplaid but it has this shaded overchek that makes it look very odd and loud from a distance.

2. EL72

EL72 Senior member

3. element02

element02 Senior member

They have a shit ton of them in different sizes at the off 5th in Minneapolis, well, like 5, the very same Isaia plaid suits.
    I didnt really like them in person.

How much are they?

4. leon12

leon12 Senior member

They were $380 when I was home last week. I can pick a few up when I get back next week if anyone's interested. There's a 40S, a 40R, and some larger sizes that I can remember.

How much are they?

5. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

They were $380 when I was home last week. I can pick a few up when I get back next week if anyone's interested. There's a 40S, a 40R, and some larger sizes that I can remember.

Those suits are really, really ugly. You can return them I guess but I wouldn't tie up $400 in those things as I doubt people will like them when they see them in person.

6. M3Rocket

M3Rocket Senior member

Aargh--looking for a gray suit, and I happened on this one with not much time before it ended. Did I do OK by pulling the trigger: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting The description says it's blue, but the photos look gray to me. Feedback would be appreciated.

7. EL72

EL72 Senior member

Aargh--looking for a gray suit, and I happened on this one with not much time before it ended. Did I do OK by pulling the trigger:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

The description says it's blue, but the photos look gray to me. Feedback would be appreciated.

Well it looks navy but there's nothing wrong with that - just that it's not gray. At any rate, $120 for a Canali w/side vents is fine. It looks like it needs to be pressed and will be fine so long as it fits. btw, pants have a pleat - not ff as he says in the auction.

8. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Senior member

Aargh--looking for a gray suit, and I happened on this one with not much time before it ended. Did I do OK by pulling the trigger:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

The description says it's blue, but the photos look gray to me. Feedback would be appreciated.

Looks like you got a great deal. Well done!

9. EL72

EL72 Senior member

10. robin

robin Senior member

NWT Pal Zileri 38R with the weirdest detail I've seen in a long time - rhinestone-embroidered button cover [​IMG] Too bad because the fabric looks nice. http://cgi.ebay.com/NEWAUTH-PAL-ZILE...QQcmdZViewItem
    You got me excited for a moment there. Not enough rhinestone for my tastes however. Edit: It appears there are a couple of other odd PZ pieces. I wonder who they were made for. http://cgi.ebay.com/NEWAUTH-PAL-ZILE...QQcmdZViewItem http://cgi.ebay.com/NEWAUTH-PAL-ZILE...QQcmdZViewItem

11. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

You got me excited for a moment there. Not enough rhinestone for my tastes however.

That baby's begging for the Bedazzler.

12. M3Rocket

M3Rocket Senior member

Well it looks navy but there's nothing wrong with that - just that it's not gray. At any rate, $120 for a Canali w/side vents is fine. It looks like it needs to be pressed and will be fine so long as it fits. btw, pants have a pleat - not ff as he says in the auction.

Thanx--everything sounds like the right size, but we'll see how well the seller measured when it gets here I suppose. I think for the price, I've live with the pleated pants. It always makes me wonder how these suits get so wrinkled in the first place???

Looks like you got a great deal. Well done!

Thanx! I was going to spend a little more and get a Baroni or M.V., but I would think a Canali would be at least as good as those brands.

13. slycedbred

slycedbred Senior member

those pal zileri's look fake and cheap =/

14. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Senior member

NWT D'Avenza. 40R. Currently at $390.

Seller says it's black but the pics look like it may be a very dark charcoal.

Seller must be on crack if he thinks it retails for $11K.

LINK

[​IMG]

15. M3Rocket

M3Rocket Senior member

NWT D'Avenza. 40R. Currently at $390.

Seller says it's black but the pics look like it may be a very dark charcoal.

Seller must be on crack if he thinks it retails for $11K.

I've bid on quite a few items from that seller, but only because of the low starting bids of $0.99. Haven't actually won anything from them. They are prone to exaggeration on the retail prices, and if you wade through the feedback, also can take their time to send out the items.