• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you rate yourself?

emptym

Reaction score
My number one reason for believing there's a God and that God is good? ...the mirror.

Seriously though, I'm all for self-esteem. But I think true love, even self-love, is about "willing good" for a person/thing rather than thinking a person/thing is perfect. Of course, in me the two coincide...

JK

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
My number one reason for believing there's a God and that God is good? ...the mirror.

Seriously though, I'm all for self-esteem. But I think true love, even self-love, is about "willing good" for a person/thing rather than thinking a person/thing is perfect. Of course, in me the two coincide...

JK

Oh M.
laugh.gif

Fulcannelli

Reaction score
Im hideously grotesque , i was kept locked in a cupboard as a child for fear that the I might scare the other children. I was only allowed out after dark wearing a black cloth over my face and a bell round my neck.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting turnout.

I put myself as a 7 because I am satisfied with myself, but do see room for a lot of improvement. There are some days when I'm just "Damn I'm fine" and days when I wish haven't even gotten out of bed.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assumed looks only and gave myself a 6. I'm a good looking guy but am a bit overweight. If you add in personality traits and intelligence, I'm much higher. Ask my wife.
laugh.gif

b

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
i think it'd be superficial to rate oneself on looks alone, so i'll just rate myself as a whole.

I'd give myself a 10.

Explanation: My life is miserable most of the time, but i'm a firm believer that the best self help book is constantly telling yourself you are the **** until you believe it. At this point i'm so far deep i wouldn't be Brad Pitt if someone offered me the chance to switch places.

This is how you have to think. I only turn it up when around women though.

Originally Posted by Lel
Interesting turnout.

I put myself as a 7 because I am satisfied with myself, but do see room for a lot of improvement. There are some days when I'm just "Damn I'm fine" and days when I wish haven't even gotten out of bed.

I feel the same way.

That being said, I'm a 32.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
That being said, I'm a 32.

Interesting.

I figured this due to my being a teenager and thus, very moody. I was hoping that by adulthood I'd pull my **** together and have a steady level of high confidence.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Interesting.

I figured this due to my being a teenager and thus, very moody. I was hoping that by adulthood I'd pull my **** together and have a steady level of high confidence.

Nope you're doomed. Pull your pants up where they belong, stop listening to Beirut and prepare for the worst.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You've made me self-conscious about my avatar.

If I could go back, I would put myself as a 6 now
cry.gif

Mr T

Reaction score
Are you serious? I hate everything about myself. Every day I look in the mirror and notice something wrong. The only reason I have had moderate success with women is because I feel I've nothing to lose by approaching them.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
If you can pull women in the 8-10 category, what difference does it make?

Yeah, the key is how women rate you on a scale of 1 to 10.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads