• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luggage

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Here is my Halliburton after some use. As one can see, it's quite scuffed and generally worn, and also dented in some places:

2231798629_46143b1859.jpg

Apple?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
theyre opening an airline. Underpowered planes, but so thin you have to walk in sideways. All in one-class configuration that frequent flyers will insist is first class despite all objective measures making them seem like economy on any other plane. They look great from the outside, but battery life is an issue, so dont be surprised if your reading light dims mid flight. Anything that goes wrong will of course be your fault, and anyone who has a frequent flyer card will jump to their defense in a heartbeat if you dare to question their decision making.

But at least they don't crash, and no one on board has ever had a virus.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Globe-Trotters for carry-ons and Rimowa for check-in. The four wheels on the latter have immense utility, and the TSA locks are somewhat reassuring.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nobody's mentioned Ghurka. I have no experience with it personally...I'm a Tumi guy. I like the new Tumi Townhouse collection, but it's not worth 3x as much as the Gen 5 stuff.

Also, I still think the Tweed Hartmann has a nice retro look with good quality and a fair price.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
currently have a Rimowa classic for check in, a Brics garmet bag for short trips, and a Jas MB duffle that I don't really use anymore...always wanted a globetrotter though.

denimfan

Reaction score
Tumi is the best luggage on the market today, BAR NONE! They offer an amazing product and will stand behind it for life.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimfan
Tumi is the best luggage on the market today, BAR NONE! They offer an amazing product and will stand behind it for life.

Compare the Tumi warranty with Briggs & Riley.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I would make the blanket statement that Tumi is the best luggage in the world, or that nobody has an equal warranty, but theirs is pretty solid and backed up well, and my opinion is that their product is slightly more durable than the same level of competition (B&R, Hartmann, Travelpro).

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Well it took a while, but we got there....just collected it yesterday. Leather was 800000 vnd ($50), labor another 200000 ($12.50), although I did also have to pay $30 for the guy to make a sample first. My gf has one that matches, and since seeing it, two of her staff (and possibly one of mine) are making replicas....really happy with it, and lots of compliments on its first outing today. My bag:

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Good on you. Nice bag.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads