• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your dream watch?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
342.jpg

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, this will undoubtedly get rotten fruit thrown at me, but it's my dream, dammit!

Cafe_RolexSub_TN.jpg

gherrmann

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
That is just one complication. It is just a very complicated complication.

three complications, no?

1. perpetual calendar
2. equation of time
3. power reserve

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBZ
Well, this will undoubtedly get rotten fruit thrown at me, but it's my dream, dammit!
Cafe_RolexSub_TN.jpg

I don't really have a dream watch but there are two watches that I want. One is a Vacheron dress watch, which I have posted before before. The other is a Rolex that doesn't exist in the current lineup but probably did and could be cobbled together easily enough today - an oyster steel or gold cased perpetual chronometer with a non-fluted bezel, no date window or cyclops and a plain dial with stick markers on a bracelet. Neither is so exotic that I couldn't get one if I really wanted to, but it would bea waste of money since my interest in watches has passed.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
The other is a Rolex that doesn't exist in the current lineup but probably did and could be cobbled together easily enough today - an oyster steel or gold cased perpetual chronometer with a non-fluted bezel, no date window or cyclops and a plain dial with stick markers on a bracelet.

Wouldn't that basically be an Air King?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by penguin vic
Meistersinger Unomatik - love it!!

Some nice alternatives on this site. I also like the one pictured, even though it is larger than is practical.

Also in the less formal steel category: the IWC Spitfire (38 and 39mm).

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Wouldn't that basically be an Air King?
Could be. When my current go-to sports watch dies, I will look at the Air Kings. Edit: A quick search found this:
114200blao.jpg
I don't love the dial, but I bet I could get a dial I liked better. I wish they got rid of all that writing on the dial. Isn't the Rolex Crown, and maybe a small "automatic" or "perpetual" enough? Edit2: I would like some protection for the crown and solid waterproofing too, but this is being picky. here is a dial I like:
3165_f260.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52