• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anti-gym. No Chubbies!

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
^^Thanks, you've just inspired me to never lift a weight for fear of turning into an unattractive freak.

Gimme a break. The man worked harder to look like he did than any of us have worked for anything in our entire lives.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
Gimme a break. The man worked harder to look like he did than any of us have worked for anything in our entire lives.

I dunno about that.... I worked pretty hard to get laid my first time
smile.gif

Bogie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken

Truth! His biography shows that. Great read too. the Education of a Bodybuilder it's called.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bogie
This is marsupialed. Only self absorbed posers would go to a play like this.

The most screwed up people I ever met working out were the ones who lived in the gym and would love a place like this. Self-absorbed and narcissistic only began to describe the various mental issues they suffered with.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aye, I agree. It's one of my favorite documentaries.

I own it, one of my faves. I can't stop laughing when I see Arnold showing off his biceps in such a nurturing way even when in the shower with other dudes.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I agree with his "childhood obesity is a form of child abuse" claim.

I noticed that part too.... I thought it was interesting.

Good luck getting it passed on a ballot though.

Reaction score
Out of all the crap posted in that blurb, the barf bucket is an excellent idea. I've had the urge to yuke on a few occasions.... after squats, and, suprisingly, after heavy bicep/tricep sets on the standing cable machine...... whatever it's called.

Oh, and unless they make all women sign a waiver saying "it's ok if i get raped in there on a regular basis" then I don't see how this type of place can survive. I see a lot of shattered dreams within the first week of operations

Good gym: Freeweights, a few choice machines, and no music. Clean showers for when you're done and that's all that matters

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that ravish room is just a goal. Why not have something to strive for as thats normally what gets stuff done.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Truth! His biography shows that. Great read too. the Education of a Bodybuilder it's called.

Originally Posted by ken

So? Lance Armstrong trains pretty damn hard too, but that particular fact doesn't motivate me to ride my bike any faster.

Maybe I'm just not enough of a musclehead to "get" it, but I really find the Arnold hagiography weird. Like the notion that posting a picture of him is a persuasive, debate-ending response to iammmatt's post. I've come across this before (while overhearing trainers and lifers talk at the gym), it's a strange faith in the transformative power of merely viewing Arnold's build.... can someone explain it?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LanaBurrell