• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
(Last night)
The Apollo Circle Young Friends of the Met Benefit
"Black Tie & Camera Ready"
Jil Sander peacoat
Lanvin jacket
Jil Sander shirt
Lanvin bowtie
Martin Margiela pants
Lanvin loafers
met1.jpg

tah dah!
met4.jpg

met2.jpg

While not the highest of NY society I was really let down by the amount of rented tuxes with matching brocade vests and bowties that were in attendance.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Rye's diatribe made me smile for some reason, even though I'm one of those MC guys I suppose. I don't totally disagree, but will say this - aesthetics differ. I don't begrudge Rye his look at all, but it is certainly not for me. I think that it is better to wear the clothing/style that you like and identify with, even if it comes across as 'boring' or even 'mannequin', than it is to wear stuff that really isn't you in an attempt to be 'original'. That to me is contrived.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
I post here because I work in fashion and like to involve myself because of my profession and also my love of design and subculture. I'm interested in what's new, I like to be inspired by others and I find it difficult to not react to a boring conformist aesthetic. In my case vanity does not come into play in this internets medium.

worship.gif
<---ALL THE LIL SW&D KIDDIES TO RYEGB

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
Rye's diatribe made me smile for some reason, even though I'm one of those MC guys I suppose. I don't totally disagree, but will say this - aesthetics differ. I don't begrudge Rye his look at all, but it is certainly not for me. I think that it is better to wear the clothing/style that you like and identify with, even if it comes across as 'boring' or even 'mannequin', than it is to wear stuff that really isn't you in an attempt to be 'original'. That to me is contrived.

Your style and pieces have always struck a chord with me. I believe a while back we discussed if you were a vintage Aston Martin driving vineyard owner due to the items you own. The term "Stealth Wealth" came to mind during many of your earlier posts. In my book not an MC Guy, by far.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
It's 10 o'clock!, what are you doing at home on a Friday night?.

Waiting for my BF to get off work so I can go take hiim and his newly minted 18 yo roomate to a dive (we're talking GoGo boys in thongs and hardcore Appreciation playing) club in the East Village.
It's NY, not LA...bars are open until 4. You can go out at 12.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Waiting for my BF to get off work so I can go take hiim and his newly minted 18 yo roomate to a dive (we're talking GoGo boys in thongs and hardcore Appreciation playing) club in the East Village.
It's NY, not LA...bars are open until 4. You can go out at 12.

Maybe a bit of **** afterwards?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Your style and pieces have always struck a chord with me. I believe a while back we discussed if you were a vintage Aston Martin driving vineyard owner due to the items you own. The term "Stealth Wealth" came to mind during many of your earlier posts. In my book not an MC Guy, by far.

Well thanks, though if you'd seen more of my suit/tie pics in MC then you might be singing a different tune
smile.gif
In any event, what I enjoy about this thread is the wide variety of styles, yours' included. If everybody dressed the same I would have lost interest a long time ago.

only the naïve and foolhardy observe dress codes as a gauge of a persons intellect, status and achievements.
This is very astute. We are just talking about clothes after all. Your comment re. my style evoking a 'vintage Aston Martin driving vineyard owner' is a good example, because that is most certainly not what I am. I dress the way I do only because my business gives me access to some nice clothes. If people were to treat me as such the joke would be on them
laugh.gif
As I've often said on this forum, some of the best people I know dress rather poorly. Judging people based on what they are wearing, or what one thinks about what they are wearing is a big mistake.

Halifamous

Reaction score
For the record. Rye came correct.

Sick fit, jeans, boots, and shirt were all gorgeous.

It's hard to look so good so simple. DDML was dead on, and I'm glad he posted right after that. It may not be your guys' style, but he killed it. No question.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Cold tonight:

Shades of Griege
Trovata
RRL
RM Williams

28755553zo1.jpg

Good look! Love the boots!
smile.gif

kallun

Reaction score
Nice SoCal!

Z Zegna leather jacket
Mandarina Duck scarf
N.Hart frayed edge longsleeve
Number (n)ine denim
Filippa K leather driving gloves
Military rugsack
Springcourts
zegna-mduck-nhart-nn-sprincourts-fk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix