• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pattern contest finalsts

WSW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
I have asked Ed to suprise me.

The last time I let Ed surprise me, I ended up in the hospital to remove some brain fungus.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my prize today, a beautiful red & purple linen square, and a pair of Pantherellas.

I am pleasantly surprised, Ed. Thank you.

Thanks to all who contributed to an exciting contest, I look forward to the next.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A Harris chose the lime green plaid as his prize. As the acknowledged master of pattern, this is quite a ringing endorsement for this design. Any other ideas for contests?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Any other ideas for contests?
Best lowest price ensemble. I win. I'll take the white-edged pink linen square & the yellow one in this pic:
537615069_673e55376a.jpg

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Best lowest price ensemble.

I win.

I'll take the white-edged pink linen square & the yellow one in this pic:

537615069_673e55376a.jpg

AlanC would give you a run for your money. Cravate and A Harris, I'll send you guys pics today of what you can pick from, sorry for the delay.

Pariolino

Reaction score
Best lowest price ensemble.

I win.

I'll take the white-edged pink linen square & the yellow one in this pic:

537615069_673e55376a.jpg

Wow. Is there room on this board for your ego and the rest of us?

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I think there would be several heavy contenders for a best lowest priced ensemble. J and VMan, for example, have got all sorts of stuff stored away. Pejsek might blow us all out of the water if he participated.

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
I think there would be several heavy contenders for a best lowest priced ensemble.

Luckystrike would be a heavy contender, that guy puts great thrift outfits together.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The suit in the contest pic cost me $250 so that could throw it, but I think the whole ensemble cost me less than $350, including shoes. So I get to play too
smile.gif

bslo

Reaction score
Of course, the contest would be based on self-reporting, which could raise honesty concerns ("yes, this is the Kiton suit I picked up for 50 cents at the thrift store").

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best conservative business dress outfit
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Best conservative business dress outfit
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Come on, think of those of us who don't have good monitors. How on earth will we be able to pick the best shade of solid red tie with those white shirts and solid dark suits?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndavid20224