• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pattern contest finalsts

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LSeca
I was hoping to see an entry from you wearing Shattuck suit and some EG spectators.

The Shattuck suit is solid; wouldn't have even gotten him an honorable mention in this contest.

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Omegablogger
I voted for iammatt for two reasons. His ensemble was the one that I would most like to wear, secondly he is a UK 8.5 shoe size and may have more Kiton's.

Good call. However, he would have won by a land slide had he incorporated his new sunglasses into the ensemble.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I voted for bigbris.

It shouldn't work and I wouldn't have thought to buy almost all the items myself... and yet, the final ensemble looks unforced and wearable. Sterling effort.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had originally been planning to vote for A Harris, but I didn't like the final pick as much as some of his other entries. So I voted for edmorel.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Countertenor

Reaction score
I had it down to bigbris1, Brownshoe, and Mildly Consumptive (with Honorable Mention to A Harris, as if he needs it...).

I went with Mildly Consumptive because he was the only contestant (on this page) who presented a complete outfit without the use of a striped pattern.

Brownshoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I clicked on the pics - thanks.

You can have points for the setting, but not in this contest.

I am afraid the larger pictures didn't help you. The shirt looks washed out and dull and spreads its pallor everywhere. Shirts like that do really well with tan suits or with navy suits or with navy or pink ties that bring out the brightness of the yellow. Yellow seems to look good with light gray too. I don't like it here.

You know, I agree with you in principle, but on a lark I put the shirt with the suit and was surprised to find I liked it. Yellow and brown is definitely not a combination I favor generally. Ideally, the shirt would have been blue.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If there are any ties, Manton will break them.

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang

but good God man, who wears a white shirt in a pattern matching contest?

In my defense, the other shirt is actually light blue, but appears white due to craptacular photography.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Countertenor
I had it down to bigbris1, Brownshoe, and Mildly Consumptive (with Honorable Mention to A Harris, as if he needs it...). I went with Mildly Consumptive because he was the only contestant (on this page) who presented a complete outfit without the use of a striped pattern.
confused.gif
Which of my patterns was striped? EDIT: My shirt :embarrassed:

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've been travelling and missed the last several days. Thanks for all the compliments guys! I was surprised to make the finals after entering early and getting little response to my entry at the time. I'm happy for the late-career revival. For my money, AHarris is the obvious choice and the right one too. That said, I voted for me
tongue.gif

Countertenor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
confused.gif
Which of my patterns was striped?

EDIT: My shirt :embarrassed:

It's all good. I was reeeeeeeeally close to voting for you. It's just that I go through periodic anti-stripe moods. (I go through periodic anti-knit tie moods, too, but that wasn't as strong today.)

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wow! Some great finalists here. A really diverse range of styles, too. My propensity for stripes and solids has me rooting for AHarris and edmorel, but that Brownshoe tweed ensemble gets bonus points for creativity. Cravate Noir, iammatt and Baron look excellent, too, imo. Good luck everyone.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52