• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you re-rack your weights when you finish with a piece of equipment?

Tastethesoup

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i have never used a towel or re-racked. **** all of you. i will de-load the bench to 225 but that should be standard or you should go home anyway
Do you also grunt like a, women's tennis champion?
fight[1].gif

Becks23

Reaction score
At my usual gym in Hong Kong, I re-rack when benching cause the treees are nearby. On the power rack, I re-rack anything 35 and smaller, 45lbs I just put beside the rack cause there aren't any other barbell stations nearby. Re-racking is not big here at all haha.

But when I work out back home in Canada, re-rack everything.

WUKILLABEEZ78

Reaction score
Luckily I have a home gym so I don't always do it. I'll often leave my work stations with the amount of plates I warm up with. A couple of 45 lb plates on the bench. Ditto for the squat area. If I'm having guests I'll go out of the way to leave a lot of heavy plates loaded up on all the equipment and scatter my heaviest dumbbells all about to make it look like I'm a beast
biggrin.gif
!!!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I usually do, and funny enough, just the other day, I saw an opening on a bench I wanted, finished up quickly and didn't. Some small guy then went to use what I left my weights on...I went right over to apologize for being a dick and helped him de-rack. He was appreciative. I also leave my towel on the bench so I don't have my skin on it (not so much for everyone else, but me) so i don't have a problem when i need to get water. I'm also very conscious when I refill my bottle, and will always let people go while I wait to fill er up. People at the gym are great with this but then you have ashole parents in the parks who fill up 80 water balloons with their kids while your sweating, panting waiting for some water....assholes.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I work out in the UES, everyone is so ******* entitled that they can't be bothered to out the weights back.
Where? I am up there now, and yes, it seems some people almost take pleasure in knowing someone will clean up after them. One of the many reasons I bailed on NYSC and am happier at Synergy

Church's Goer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i have never used a towel or re-racked. **** all of you. i will de-load the bench to 225 but that should be standard or you should go home anyway

I appreciate the bravado, but warming up with 225 isn't standard in 99% of the population. Maybe for the jbags who have something to prove but otherwise leaving anything more than a plate on either side is just lazy or inconsiderate. Take your pick.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Church's Goer
I appreciate the bravado, but warming up with 225 isn't standard in 99% of the population. Maybe for the jbags who have something to prove but otherwise leaving anything more than a plate on either side is just lazy or inconsiderate. Take your pick.
As much as I agree that kunk is wrong, face to face I think I would give him the benefit of the doubt

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't tell kunk to rerack his ****, he'd smoke me and brag about it later with a cool oneliner in SW&D.

laugh.gif

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do my best to re-rack, although at a particularly chaotic gym (like the Bally's that I used to go to because it was by my work) nothing is in the right place and I'm not reorganizing all of the weights in the damn gym. But as far as grunting, get off of it guys. It might not help make your lifts any better but it relieves some of the stress you feel on that last big push. It's never bothered me and unless someone is being completely unreasonably loud about it I can't imagine why anyone would get bent out of shape over it. Maybe your gyms are like church or the library but mine are always loud and gym like.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
I usually do, and funny enough, just the other day, I saw an opening on a bench I wanted, finished up quickly and didn't. Some small guy then went to use what I left my weights on...I went right over to apologize for being a dick and helped him de-rack. He was appreciative. I also leave my towel on the bench so I don't have my skin on it (not so much for everyone else, but me) so i don't have a problem when i need to get water. I'm also very conscious when I refill my bottle, and will always let people go while I wait to fill er up. People at the gym are great with this but then you have ashole parents in the parks who fill up 80 water balloons with their kids while your sweating, panting waiting for some water....assholes.

This exact thing happened to me yesterday in prospect park.

.bishop

Reaction score
i re-rack the weights in order when before i start lifting because i'm OCD. it is most annoying when people dont remove and put their weights in the right order.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The guys that do the "RAUAHUAGHHHHHHHHHHHH" every rep on their 12 rep bicep curl sets are obnoxious. People grunting when they're doing squats, deads, Oly lifts, etc are fine, it just sort of happens sometimes.

I always reracked, maybe I'd leave a couple 45s on the leg press the rare occasion that I used it. Bugged me when people didn't, a lot of times I'd need to move the pins up or down, or the hooks, whatever. Having to haul unnecessary weight around because some douche couldn't be bothered was obnoxious.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulioCesarSalad