• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woohoo!

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lightbringer
1. I think it is safe to say that what we find aesthetically pleasing in shoes is worlds apart.

2. The leather looks somewhat plastic and dull,...

1. i dunno, cause i have no clue about your preferences.

2. if you think so...

sellahi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
cruz9.jpg

bounce2.gif
Lol, it is useful to know that this is your standard when you give opinions on other shoes posted. These are ******* hideous.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellahi22
bounce2.gif
Lol, it is useful to know that this is your standard when you give opinions on other shoes posted. These are ******* hideous.

show me yours. probably this give me a laugh, too.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice jacket, Foo. I'd lose the label, if only because black and yellow is a terrible combination.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
Horn, can you post a link to those Wolverine boots?

It was a pithy note in Esquire: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/mens-fa...d-boots-092710 but the picture is very nice.

There's a few places in San Francisco that has them, that I know of: On The Fly and Unionmade.

I think Foo should consider getting these boots as well:

zonkey+boot+%252810%2529.JPG

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
I think Foo should consider getting these boots as well:

zonkey+boot+%252810%2529.JPG

the zonkeys are noice. wonderful colour.

sellahi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
show me yours. probably this give me a laugh, too.

I have no doubt. You seem to strongly favor a Soviet design influence for your shoes. That is where we differ.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
bounce2.gif

What? No.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Stopped by the Barbour store on the Upper East Side and picked up their last English-made International Jacket in black. Been looking for one of these in my size for over a year. I think their all made elsewhere now. Of course, I realize longwings would look stupid with this jacket. Shoe suggestions?
Chuck Taylor All-Star

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have no doubt. You seem to strongly favor a Soviet design influence for your shoes. That is where we differ.

i beg to differ, no problem at all.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
What? No.

amen

on a serious note: many thanks

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Okay, the Fritzl-wings are moot because they are even dressier than the Foofwings and, hence, even less appropriate with this jacket.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Okay, the Fritzl-wings are moot because they are even dressier than the Foofwings and, hence, even less appropriate with this jacket.

I don't see why you can't wear the longwings.

Anyway, why don't you check out JP Tod for some informal suede?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am sort of blown away by the fact that you bought a black jacket. Shoes aside, what else do you plan on wearing with it?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I don't see why you can't wear the longwings.

Anyway, why don't you check out JP Tod for some informal suede?

I think some sort of chukka may be the answer, suede or otherwise. I have an aversion to Tod's, though. Had a pair of their driving loafers in college.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beverlymarti