• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Insane Shoe Month

2ManyShoes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
Is it hard to wear AE's when you have shoes that are so much nicer?

You'd think so, but not really. I was pretty careful not to overlap colors and brogue patterns, so nothing is really interchangeable. That ought to show when I get the pictures up.

2ManyShoes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
8.5-9k ish at full retail

I've avoided doing that until I can get my cardiologist's permission. But it was well below full retail. If I had to guess, I'd say more like $5k. I'll do the math and let you know.

2ManyShoes

Reaction score
Prices (shipped) below, to the best of my memory. (If not exact, this is very close.) All were new, except for the Wigmores, which were close to it (bought from SF member mta265). Some of the prices are attributable to package deals.

Looks like the total was $5,958. Ouch.

Originally Posted by 2ManyShoes

Vass - Old English Oxford U-last (black) $515 w/lasted trees
Vass - Asquith U-last Oxford (cognac) (from SF Member msawch) $688 w/lasted trees
Vass - Plain Derby U-last (black) (from SF Member Tombrone) $590 w/lasted trees

Gaziano & Girling - St. James Oxford (cedar) $750 w/lasted trees
Gaziano & Girling - Hayes Oxford (black) $750 w/lasted trees

Sutor Mantellassi - Norvegese Monk (dark oak) $400

C&J Handgrade - Audley Oxford (dark oak) $590

C&J - Westbourne Oxford (mahogany) $300
C&J - Maidstone Monk (dark chocolate) $300
C&J - Wigmore Oxford (slightly used) (brown) from Member mta265 $245
C&J - Weymouth Oxford (brown) $300

Allen Edmonds - Strand (walnut) $295
Allen Edmonds - McAllister (merlot) $295
Allen Edmonds - MacNeil (black cordovan) $300

Alfred Sargent - Burlington Slip-On (black) (discontinued, been looking for these for over a year) $270

Clark's Desert Boots (loden suede) $80
Clark's Desert Boots (taupe suede) $90

Gola - soccer shoes (navy suede) $60
Gola - soccer shoes (gray suede) $60

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not familiar with Vass and C&J pricing, but from what I've seen on other threads, looks like these are all below retail? No?

2ManyShoes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRA8324
+1

I'd love some C&Js for $300

FWIW, I get them from a guy in England named Bill Redgrift. I bought a pair of shoes from him on eBay (where his seller name is sausages234). We got to corresponding; he got to know what I like; and now he sends me pictures of things he finds, most of which (he says) never make it to eBay. (For example, he sold me three EG belts a coulple weeks ago.) He also gets some wild one-offs.

Bill sells a lot of seconds (and a couple of those C&Js I bought are seconds with no visible flaws), but he also gets lots of first-quality stuff (like those Audleys). I don't pretend to know how it works, but he has some sort of relationship with C&J, Paul Smith, Barker & Black, and several others. He gets first dibs on their seconds, for example. He also sells some Lobbs, but so far none I've been interested in.

If you're interested in his e-mail address, let me know and I'll post it. I can't vouch for his prices, though. My prices are based on being a regular customer and occasionaly buying in lots. (All those C&Js but the Audleys were one lot, for example.)

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 2ManyShoes
FWIW, I get them from a guy in England named Bill Redgrift. I bought a pair of shoes from him on eBay (where his seller name is sausages234). We got to corresponding; he got to know what I like; and now he sends me pictures of things he finds, most of which (he says) never make it to eBay. (For example, he sold me three EG belts a coulple weeks ago.) He also gets some wild one-offs.

Bill sells a lot of seconds (and a couple of those C&Js I bought are seconds with no visible flaws), but he also gets lots of first-quality stuff (like those Audleys). I don't pretend to know how it works, but he has some sort of relationship with C&J, Paul Smith, Barker & Black, and several others. He gest first dibs on their seconds, for example. He also sells some Lobbs, but so far none I've been interested in.

If you're interested in his e-mail address, let me know and I'll post it. I can't vouch for his prices, though. My prices are based on being a regular customer and occasionaly buying in lots. (All those C&Js but the Audleys were one lot, for example.)

I can second the use of this Seller and I know some members here have used him. I used to deal with him a fair bit (until financial crisis hit).

Below is what he's currently got up for sale/auction.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/sausages234/m...id=p4340.l2562

Clint

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never bought from sausages but he's very prompt. I pointed out an error on one of his shoes (GM and one shoe had metal eyelets and the other without) and he immediately lowered the price. However, he failed to note this on the listing. I felt he should've because unless if you are nit picky like myself, most would not . . . notice.

Anyway. He does have nice items

Cheers

m.gway

Reaction score
Posting those pictures? Let's see the haul.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
wow, nice haul... but if I may say, why pay $300 for AE's when they're so easily available for half that or less, even in new condiiton?

pics please!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member