• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic Car Collectors

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here a classic car collector, or have an interest in classic cars?

deaddog

Reaction score
Define classic. I just sold my 1969 Firebird convertible and am in the market for a new 60's muscle car.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd define classic cars as 20-50 years or older. My dad had a 58' Thunderbird growing up. It was always a blast riding around town in it and seeing the expressions on everyone's face. The nostalgia of older cars is something that I really enjoy.

mmhollis

Reaction score
My grandfather, uncle and I used to go to classic car shows when I was a kid. I got away from it for a little while but now I'm starting to get back into it. Hope to get to a few shows this summer. My grandfather had a '64 Buick that was beautiful. I didn't talk to my mom for a week or so after she encouraged him to sell it.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always wanted to go to the annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. The Greenwich one is nice as well, but Monterey is just such a gorgeous setting for a car show.

KnowYourRights

Reaction score
Yup. I have a '65 Thunderbird and a '73 Mustang Mach 1 that was in Hot Rod Mag back in '89.
65bird.jpg
73mach1.jpg
Pops has '56 and '57 Thunderbirds and a '65 Mustang.
56tbird.jpg
57tbird.jpg
65mustang.jpg

turboman808

Reaction score
Took my classic car out for Irish food last night.

I've been trying to get ahold of a classic jag forever now. Problem is I cannot seem to sell any of my current cars. Market is ****. Cannot buy without selling something first.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Someday, when I have the space.... I plan on bringing a lot of my favorite cars over from Japan. Great prices on a lot of rarities that didn't even make it to America, because they can't get them registered eventually, without mega restoration and overhaul. I plan to use the 25 years and older clause for importing classics without much extra red tape. Used cars in Japan I've browsed recently: 280SE cabrio with like 60K km's on the clock, all original, $40K pristine euro-spec E24 M6, like $15K this Alfa GTV is great, it's like $12K http://ucar.autos.yahoo.co.jp/detail...0CU0005641811/

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
Took my classic car out for Irish food last night.

I've been trying to get ahold of a classic jag forever now. Problem is I cannot seem to sell any of my current cars. Market is ****. Cannot buy without selling something first.

Which Jag? I've been looking at Series II E-type coupes (not the 2+2, though), hoping to snag one sometime this year. The target is to have two classic Jags by the time I'm 50 (a few years from now) - an E-type coupe and an early XJ6. Ideally both would be from 1970 and nice drivers rather than concourse/trailer queens.

roycel

Reaction score
imployt_one: get an E24 M635csi (instead of the M6) if you can. I believe those are considered more desirable. ...I drive an E24 635csi. Will never really amount to much, so I'll probably turbo the M30.
smile.gif

Snoopysniffer

Reaction score
Any one know where I can find a Lamborghini Miura,1972,P400 SV? There's one in Hong Kong for $900,000, but that's a bit out of my range. Also Series II Jags are the way to go. Try out Eagle E Types on the net to see some beauties. How about the big Healy's? MK 3000?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Uncle has a garage filled with a collection of somewhere around 15. A few have never been in the rain. Some of my favorites are his 59' Cadillac and his Yenko/COPO Camaros.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Snoopysniffer
Any one know where I can find a Lamborghini Miura,1972,P400 SV? There's one in Hong Kong for $900,000, but that's a bit out of my range. Also Series II Jags are the way to go. Try out Eagle E Types on the net to see some beauties. How about the big Healy's? MK 3000?

There's 3 Miura P400S' for sale on Yahoo! JP used cars right now, but you know SV's don't exactly come cheap. I think you could expect to spend $500K on a 'common' Miura, easily.

(the silver Miura is sex)
http://ucar.autos.yahoo.co.jp/search/LGS999/

I really like the Islero, actually. Something about those front fenders. If you've ever seen the Beatles rooftop video for 'Don't Let Me Down' there's a red Islero parked on the street that you see a few times, and a series 1 E-type as well.
redface.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
I have a 67' plymouth satellite

what kind of car is in your avatar? (always wondered) - it looks like a Bertone styled Jaguar XJ?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshuaweleye