• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Swan

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

delakingois

Reaction score
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
Just wanted to say Vincent Cassell was ******* alpha.

He is always ******* alpha. Probably my favourite actor tbf.

1280303416_vincent-cassel-la-haine.gif

He has done so many awesome roles. La Haine, Eastern Promises, Oceans 12/13, Irreversible and, especially, the two films about Jacques Mesrine.
bigstar[1].gif

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Hey, here's another unrealistic movie about a person's descent into madness, where their profession is probably not 100% accurately portrayed and the movie focuses on a hyperrealistic interpretation of their life:

American_Psycho_poster.jpg

I think this represented the worst cliche's of Vice Presidents of Investment Banks on Wall Street in the 1980's.

The Killer Collector's Edition? Jesus. That is really super.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Clean
The Killer Collector's Edition? Jesus. That is really super.

If you'll notice, it's also "uncut".

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
I'm surprised **** cheese gets noms for that garbage. Winona Ryder was quite convincing as a psycho diva, particularly her hospital scene. Barbara Hershey almost stole the show as the mother (but I would have loved to have seen Karen Black in this role). That's two other supporting performances in the same film that deserve far more praise than her performance.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suprised at how damn good this was - it's hard to continually ratchet up tension when the audience broadly knows what's going down (descent into madness) but Aronofsky pulled it off, and Portman deserves any awards she gets. Never thought she could act her way out of a paper bag before, to be honest.

It was a better Brian DePalma movie than DePalma's made in a couple of decades.

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
...Portman deserves any awards she gets. Never thought she could act her way out of a paper bag before, to be honest.
I agree, but how does she go from Black Swan to ‘acting’ with Ashton Kutcher?

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sesame Seed
I agree, but how does she go from Black Swan to "˜acting' with Ashton Kutcher?

I heard she has four movies coming out in this quarter. I reckon one of them is probably more than a year since it was originally made.

imschatz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Clean
+1

I did not enjoy the movie overall, not my taste. Good performance from Portman, though.

I'm not sure I "did not enjoy" it, but it was pretty ****ing weird for my taste.

There was a 12 year old girl and her mom sitting behind me. Looking at her facial expression after the movie, I'm pretty sure I enjoyed it more then she did.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
so how long is it now?

That's what she said?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them