• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Black Swan

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis *cough* scene was quite unexpected. I hadn't been following the news, obviously. Anyone else seen it?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Want to. Heard a bad review from a guy at a bar on Friday. Still want to see it.

Rathbone

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing it, now that it's getting a wide release (December 22). Will make for an interesting double-feature with True Grit.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Aronofsky make them go "ass-to-ass" like Jennifer Connelly in "Requiem for a Dream?"

REguy

Reaction score
Agreed on the Oscar for Portman. As the credits started rolling, I think everyone in the theater said, "What kind of facocta movie was this!?!" Overall, a great flick that really sucks you into the mind of a mentally deranged individual.

Dr. Mabuse

Reaction score
It's frustrating that a director who is quite talented hasn't made a film since Pi that didn't feel like a self important public service announcement. Requiem for a Dream was the worst offender. It was fraught with after school special level ridiculousness. I have some hope for this one as the story seems to lend itself to his special brand of visual and narrative absurdity.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nananine
Oh it's more than that.
More like "mouth-to-vagina"

Wow, I was gonna say something to the effect of "This is the first time I will resist a spoiler", but the moment I hit qoute I see the spoiler

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr. Mabuse
It's frustrating that a director who is quite talented hasn't made a film since Pi that didn't feel like a self important public service announcement. Requiem for a Dream was the worst offender. It was fraught with after school special level ridiculousness. I have some hope for this one as the story seems to lend itself to his special brand of visual and narrative absurdity.

Wanna know why I didn't see it? That pretentious title.

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
This will have to do for now.

belongs in best gif

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"Requiem for a Dream"? You don't think that sounds pretentious? It does to me.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 80 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 153 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 78 16.7%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 40 8.5%