• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
not to flog a dead horse for any reason other than to stimulate conversation, but is there any reason why you couldnt take a jacket that is 'way too loose for riding' and order a size smaller? The sleeves look kinda long on it anyhow (in fact i think the jacket doesnt fit the model, but thats more the stylists fault than the jacket) It certainly has no provisions for armor - fair to say body armor not a Target priority
smile.gif

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
not to flog a dead horse for any reason other than to stimulate conversation, but is there any reason why you couldnt take a jacket that is 'way too loose for riding' and order a size smaller?

The sleeves look kinda long on it anyhow (in fact i think the jacket doesnt fit the model, but thats more the stylists fault than the jacket)

It certainly has no provisions for armor - fair to say body armor not a Target priority
smile.gif

I thought you were going to wear the jacket like the pic. If you did, it would fill up like a parachute and when you went fast enough you might float away. Although, that might be kind of cool. Hmmmm. Cool jacket though.

mikesduc

Reaction score
DSCN0365.jpg

I guess we should define what is meant by "riding" and what you want out of a jacket. I want the absolute best protection I can get and looks second. But looks do matter. I ride sportbikes and I ride very fast. Not bragging, just stating facts. I think my Vason jackets look great on the bike but there is no way i could wear them around town.

So to sum up, when i referred to "stylish" in my prior post I meant off the bike. This is my Vanson suit after 2 lowsides at VIR. No holes or torn stitching. Incredible quality.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikesduc
I guess we should define what is meant by "riding" and what you want out of a jacket. I want the absolute best protection I can get and looks second. But looks do matter. I ride sportbikes and I ride very fast. Not bragging, just stating facts. I think my Vason jackets look great on the bike but there is no way i could wear them around town.

So to sum up, when i referred to "stylish" in my prior post I meant off the bike. This is my Vanson suit after 2 lowsides at VIR. No holes or torn stitching. Incredible quality.

I dunno, maybe you could wear that out with a nice pair of Chelseas? Or maybe some adidas all stars? Then you'd be good to go. Maybe you'd start a new trend?

mikesduc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tck13
I dunno, maybe you could wear that out with a nice pair of Chelseas? Or maybe some adidas all stars? Then you'd be good to go. Maybe you'd start a new trend?

When I'm at the racetrack I actually wear birkenstocks with that suit on. Its scary.

mikesduc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
Thinking Ill try to snipe this

opinions?

I don't have any experience with that type of armor but pesonally I don't like the idea of armor in the front on a street bike. I may be wrong but I don't see the necessity of it and it seems like it would get in your way if you're tucking in at all. If you are on a dirt bike front armor is a great idea however.

Frittata

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I like the BMW F 650 CS, I am wondering how much repair costs would cost (esp. new vs. used). Oh, and this would be my first bike. Unless someone has recommendations for something else which is better suited as a first bike...

BMW_F650CS.jpg

Jon.

ups...my bike
smile.gif

but I've got it in silver.... blue and orange seems strange

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Accompanied my buddy who bought this scooter over the weekend. Looks like a mountain bike with a lawn mower motor, but still better than any Asian scooter I've seen around here. Sachs MadAss
Totale%20hinten%20links%202.jpg

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I think thats how my Chaly will look next time....

front and rear disks, monoshock, larger rear sprocket (a lot of uphilling next time), ill have a waaay longer rear swingarm though. Taking it off a Daelim, which is like a Korean Chopper. I wanted to go two stroke, but it is in breach of Chaly Rally rules.

Its all politics I tell you. It used to be about the Chalys maaaan

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
I think thats how my Chaly will look next time....

front and rear disks, monoshock, larger rear sprocket (a lot of uphilling next time), ill have a waaay longer rear swingarm though. Taking it off a Daelim, which is like a Korean Chopper. I wanted to go two stroke, but it is in breach of Chaly Rally rules.

Its all politics I tell you. It used to be about the Chalys maaaan

m@t,

I was riding the bike last night. I don't know about doing your Chaly with that... the handlebars are quite low, so driving position is not so comfortable. And the engine which is positioned right beside your right ankle gets too hot, you might burn your skin if you're not protected there.

Otherwise, I like it.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
is it quick?

how big are the engines on those things?

My friend got the 100cc engine with automatic transmission. Quick? I wouldn't know, somehow going above 40kph on a scooter is really asking for it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member