• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomorrowstars
That sounds about right, the straps on my leather backpack show a lot of wear. I'm sure they'll eventually fail, but I love how they look right up until they do.
Oh, I agree... that wear is part of the "fun" of a piece. BUT, for $1000+ bags that also come with no warranty, they want them not to fall apart. A lot of brands (like LV) get TONS of complaints about wear, and so many of their older styles have a textile strap... but again... it isn't done purely as a cost-saving measure.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pdsf

Nice Jil bag. I remember seeing it somewhere. Keep it, but let me know if you want to sell it
wink.gif

Or I can make my Jil bag army!

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Wow, quite a croco bag from Burberry Prorsum for their upcoming Cruise collection. I don't even want to know the price...
frown.gif

h38Pj.jpg

those pants are terrifyingly slim

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Jil Sander has really been doing some interesting bags lately... simple, timeless, functional. The quality is also excellent (checked them out in person a few weeks back.) Pricing is VERY high ($1500-1800), but they are really top-notch. Top two totes are from the women's collection (but completely unisex), second two from the men's. Both for upcoming Spring 2011.
EhKCD.jpg
H6Ush.jpg

pdsf

Reaction score
Those Jil bags are noiice. Remind me of Delvaux. I know I am a Dries whore but I can't help it. His new collection is very nice and includes some gorgeous bags:
driesvannoten-bag-1.jpg
2_P11---DRIESVANNOTEN---BM9651BLACKCAMEL904.jpg
inlove.gif
First pic is from Selectism; second from Antonioli.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^
I know you're a Dries fan! I love the styles and the relaxed, laid back sort of styling, and while the pricing is often more reasonable than the other major brands, the quality seems very hit-and-miss to me. I've seen some that were lovely, and others that were really shoddy, from the quality of leather to the hardware. While this is true of many brands, it's been VERY true of my experience with Dries. For $1000, you definitely want to know what you're getting.

I know he uses a number of different factories in different locations (including Europe and Asia), and I wonder if this is part of the reason. Anyway, I continue to love the styles, but I would definitely not suggest a blind buy, unless the store had a good return's policy!

pdsf

Reaction score
^Thanks for the advice! I'd never get them at full retail, partly because of the variability of quality like you said, partly because I am a cheap whore. I think this waxed cotton lunch bag from Artifact Bag is cute:
Artifact-Bag-Co-No-215-Lunch-Bag.jpg

Magic1

Reaction score

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Aristolasia... supple, thick leather; high quality stitching; very good zipper; nice, heavy canvas. Pretty happy with it.

2hp6cds.jpg

x1ngjm.jpg

2wf7fb8.jpg

do they have more weekender sized/styled bags too? where can i cop?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mastertradeplumbing