• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"SF Approved" Items You Can't Get Behind

Jack2000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
My double sole Lobbs are one of the two most comfortable shoes I have in my closet. I took them on a trip to Europe recently knowing I would be walking miles everyday on cobblestone streets. I feet loved them!

Probably depends on the specific shoe. It may be more of a fit issue than a sole problem for me, I have alden long wings and the polo darlton with double leather soles and I don't feel like either is as comfortable as my shoes with single leather or danite soles.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Is it?
No, no, no ... but I recall some from days past that were very bold ... far bolder than what they make today. Of course, even what the make today is beyond what the typical SF member will ever "comprehend" as tasteful.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
No, no, no ... but I recall some from days past that were very bold ... far bolder than what they make today. Of course, even what the make today is beyond what the typical SF member will ever "comprehend" as tasteful.

They were very very bold for my liking but i'm a boring fart...

haiguise

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jack2000
Probably depends on the specific shoe. It may be more of a fit issue than a sole problem for me, I have alden long wings and the polo darlton with double leather soles and I don't feel like either is as comfortable as my shoes with single leather or danite soles.

Unless both of those shoes are made with the same last, from the same manufacturer and made with the same materials minus the soles, your point is moot.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
  • Flat front pants - Sorry, I was born with a dick and I need it to fit in my pants
  • The prejudice against black shoes - Can't we all just get along?
  • Suspenders - I don't hate them but I don't like them either

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll add:

Lack of naked pictures in WAYWRN

Use of "cheers," "mate," etc. by U.S. citizens

Mispronunciation of the word forte

iDandy disputes that temporarily derail threads and force effusive, familiar apologies that make me feel like I'm hearing fingers grinding down a chalkboard

Hatred of necrobumping

haiguise

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tatecloths
I'll add:

iDandy disputes that temporarily derail threads and force effusive, familiar apologies that make me feel like I'm hearing fingers grinding down a chalkboard

Hatred of necrobumping

read the thread title brah

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tatecloths
I'll add:

Hatred of necrobumping

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm English and use words like 'cheers' and 'mate' frequently. I'm also a US citizen!

How do you know how people pronounce 'forte' on a message board?

Dunno about you, but I haven't seen a single bloke on WAYWRN who I'd like to see naked. There's a few who should have their clothes yanked off them and burned in a fire but I would still let them keep their kegs on as they've embarrassed themselves enough already.

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haiguise
read the thread title brah

Look - I didn't get to over 100 posts by having some person who asks for advice from strangers about how to do buttsex call me "brah" and tell me read. What's next, I have to decipher your ancient sanskrit profile picture or you're going to ask DT if getting your dark daisy licked is gay? (It's not)

Originally Posted by Ianiceman
There's a few who should have their clothes yanked off them and burned in a fire ...

Hmmm... sounds interesting. A bunch of bare torsos and lower abdomens illuminated in a circle, hiding fleshy treasures in the shadowy light, musk ridden with campfire smoke and saddle sweat. I think I know what you mean.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The use of the word swagger to mean a cool manner.

swag·ger (swgr)
v. swag·gered, swag·ger·ing, swag·gers
v.intr.
1. To walk or conduct oneself with an insolent or arrogant air; strut.
2. To brag; boast.

Jack2000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by haiguise
Unless both of those shoes are made with the same last, from the same manufacturer and made with the same materials minus the soles, your point is moot.

the common problem is that they are both somewhat inflexible so it's not "moot"

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
SG, reading that just made me think of Mickey Blue Eyes...are you an Englishman dying to be Italian American!

Fughedaboudit.

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

-LR

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
This link is most certainly SF approved.

+1
Just checked it out. Great website. However I do think that most of the pictorial posts from Bull do a better job.

-LR

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt