• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Breakfast is overrated

Telefonica

Reaction score
I try to keep my metabolism up so I try to eat many small meals throughout the day. I find this gives me more energy and generally better health.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Telefonica
I try to keep my metabolism up so I try to eat many small meals throughout the day. I find this gives me more energy and generally better health.

Me too. Makes quite a bit of difference.

virus646

Reaction score

how many times will we have to repeat this, eating many small meals does not affect your metabolism at all and it doesn't change anything really. I am not saying that it is a bad way of eating though, I eat myself multiple small meals but it just because I like it that way.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think breakfast is necessarily the enemy, its what people are eating for breakfast. I used to eat fruit and oatmeal and such early on, without thinking about the fact that I was downing mega high-GI carbs first thing in the AM. I ******* love breakfast, and will never give it up, people just gotta change what they eat.

I'm doing an IF-type diet now, but I'll have 3 eggs, some cottage cheese, a cup of mixed berries, and a few fish oil pills with my coffee. I've noticed a massive difference in how I feel simply based on the GI level of the carbs I take in. I had a classic breakfast - eggs, bacon, mountain of hashbrowns and ketchup - on my last cheat day, and I went right back to bed even after drinking a couple cups of coffee.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing like a hard AM workout then a massive classic breakfast then going right back to bed.

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
it might give you more energy, but how do you know it gives you better health? by far what gives you better health is healthy body fat levels, which is controlled by caloric intake. metabolism is pretty much fixed and is not affected by what you eat, the timing of your meals, or anything food related. you've been scammed into buying food you don't need.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by not_a_virus.exe
right, and how do you know this? because some magazine told you?

My personal experience over the last 4 years.

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
My personal experience over the last 4 years.
thanks for the tautology. again, i'm asking you how do you know this. i know it's your personal experience because you just told me that a post ago. you have access to laboratory equipment and have trackable metrics to rule out placebo effects?

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the tautology. again, i'm asking you how do you know this. i know it's your personal experience because you just told me that a post ago. you have access to laboratory equipment and have trackable metrics to rule out placebo effects?

What difference does it make? You seem to have too much time and a bone to pick...

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
What difference does it make? You seem to have too much time and a bone to pick...
because you're spreading dangerous misinformation. telling people to eat more meals throughout the day is one of the biggest reasons why fat loss is so difficult, and excess body fat is the leading cause of most health problems.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
because you're spreading dangerous misinformation. telling people to eat more meals throughout the day is one of the biggest reasons why fat loss is so difficult, and excess body fat is the leading cause of most health problems.

Really? Eating more but smaller meals through the day is dangerous advice???

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if anything, breakfast is UNDER-rated. On a stricly anecdotal level, I feel SO much better getting some eggs in me in the morning. The energy rush is pretty awesome. Plus, lets be honest, breakfast food is so good.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
if anything, breakfast is UNDER-rated. On a stricly anecdotal level, I feel SO much better getting some eggs in me in the morning. The energy rush is pretty awesome. Plus, lets be honest, breakfast food is so good.

+1000.

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
if you're feeling hungry or lethargic, whether it be in the morning, afternoon, or in the evening, by all means, eat. but telling people they need to eat even when they're not hungry or don't need additional energy is irresponsible.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenaBednar