• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Breakfast is overrated

Cotillion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
You sound like one of those people who thinks that eating healthy = lots of carrots, water and despair.
Nope. Just someone that doesn't make every choice for eating based on what is the absolute most healthy option. I generally eat healthy and basically don't care what you or anyone else says is "the healthiest breakfast". I love eating bagels and bacon, end of story. I never stated my choice of breakfast foods was based on health. You are the one that seems to be on some crusade against bagels and essentially arguing against a Strawman.

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
there is no such thing as a "healthy food" (how would you even define "healthy food" without creating double standards?). there are no essential food groups - only essential nutrients. you can eat whatever you like as long as it fits within your caloric budget and you are getting a variety of food to ensure you are getting your nutrients.

cotillion, keep eating what you enjoy. if your waist line starts to increase above 45% of your height, it might be time to eat less (of course, the only real way to know how healthy you are is with blood work).

the devil is in the dose, NOT in what you eat.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cotillion
You are the one that seems to be on some crusade against bagels and essentially arguing against a Strawman.

I hope you realize how absurd this sentence sounds.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by not_a_virus.exe
the devil is in the dose, NOT in what you eat.
Maybe if you don't give a **** about body composition. But I promise you that the guy who only eats Cheetohs and Twizzlers is going to have a lousy looking body, even if his caloric intake is low.

virus646

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Maybe if you don't give a **** about body composition. But I promise you that the guy who only eats Cheetohs and Twizzlers is going to have a lousy looking body, even if his caloric intake is low.

yes but like he said, if you eat cheetohs, twizzlers and the rest of the day good meat, vegetables and overall more ''good'' food. You'll get results.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by not_a_virus.exe
if you're feeling hungry or lethargic, whether it be in the morning, afternoon, or in the evening, by all means, eat. but telling people they need to eat even when they're not hungry or don't need additional energy is irresponsible.

I have sinned.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
+1.

Cotillion

Reaction score
PK. Here is your first post. It is a strawman. You clearly misinterpreted my first post in this thread:
Originally Posted by APK
You invalidate anything you have to say about skipping breakfast being unhealthy when you're advocating regularly advocating bagels as part of that meal (or any meal, for that matter).
After this you went on about how unhealthy bagels are, cheers good for you. Its a strawman though since all I originally said was "I love bacon and bagels so I love breakfast. Can't imagine going without it. How can people live without bacon and bagels in the morning? I will never know." Never am I advocating bagels being some sort of essential, healthy part of breakfast. Perhaps you were confused because in the first paragraph I recounted something I had heard. The second paragraph is not me "advocating" bagels for health. Rather I am just stating my personal preference (which I never claimed was based in health) and making a comment that refers to how I enjoy eating bagels in the morning. Thats it. So I hope I cleared that up for you. Pretty pointless to debate about but carry on if you want...

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I don't eat breakfast ... I have less hunger throughout the day ... could almost make it without eating until dinner. When I do eat breakfast ... I'm hungry again within a matter of a couple of hours ... and have a bigger appetite throughout the day.

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
you're taking things too literally. and i never said to eat only cheetos or twizzlers. i've always said to eat a variety of food. there's no need to calculate your macronutrients as long as you eat a little bit of everything. the inuits don't even eat any vegetables and they are healthy (although i wouldn't recommend their diet as their diet, without going into detail, is not logistically feasible for most people).

Becks23

Reaction score
I wonder if being fat adapted/low-carb has anything to do with being able to forgo breakfast.

I certainly have no desire to eat between 8 pm and 12 pm the next day and that's with an 8:30 am workout.

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Becks23
I wonder if being fat adapted/low-carb has anything to do with being able to forgo breakfast.
it doesn't.

barring any diet-based disease like diabetes, being able to skip breakfast is mental.

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by leegrace
Hey This is wrong.. Why don't u eat breakfast?? You know eating breakfast increase our digesting system and very much helpful for skin also.. Start eating Breakfast buddy..
smile.gif

how do YOU know this?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads