• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TryHard

Reaction score
Hey Mike,

All EP denims are true to size now, correct? I heard you say something about that awhile back but can't find the post.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TryHard
Hey Mike,

All EP denims are true to size now, correct? I heard you say something about that awhile back but can't find the post.

Yes, they are. For any of the first run which made up large, we changed the sizing internally. So there's no need to size down one for your order.

And hey everyone, in other news, our Wide-Wale cords are confirmed! In about a month, we'll have them in both wheat and dark brown colors.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
And hey everyone, in other news, our Wide-Wale cords are confirmed! In about a month, we'll have them in both wheat and dark brown colors.
Yippeeee!!! No olive?
frown.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Yippeeee!!! No olive?
frown.gif

I looked for it - the only olive tone that I could find was really washed out. More of a dark sea foam. It was looking pretty old man, and not in a good way. More in a Mens Wearhouse way.

But the Wheat color is especially perfect. With the Slim walt fit, it's going to be perfection. And with a pair of our upcoming Ravello Brixton Boots, it's going to be illegally good.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

We're finalizing our sportcoat order late this week. For the first run, we're going to do at least one, and maybe two Tweed sportcoats.

And, our very first Epaulet suit separates will be in.... Cadet Grey Merino Wool! The very same as this trouser:
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...Worsted/Detail

I'm really looking forward to this. The Merino wool trousers have been some of our best selling pieces to date. In Cadet Grey, the suit will have a really old school vibe. And both pieces will work wonderfully as separates.

More info and pics to come soon!

wetnose

Reaction score
Oh, I've got an important question for you guys. The Epaulet suit separates will be put into work next week - for a late October delivery. I'm wrestling with the colors. One suit will definitely be Navy. The other will be either a medium grey or a dark charcoal. Here are the swatches:
4990589105_e19822d4f7_z.jpg

If you're already offering the Navy suit, then I'd vote for the medium grey as an alternative. If you can get grey in pick and pick weave (e.g 2324) that'd be awesome.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the first run, we're going to do at least one, and maybe two Tweed sportcoats.
Very excited about this, please post swatches/descriptions if you get the chance. Have you settled on pricing for these?

Doctor

Reaction score
I am also on the watch for tweed sportcoats.

I'm not sure they'll be long enough though - I didn't kop the Gant/Muchael Bastian guncheck because it was a couple inches too short in the body. Had to shed a little tear over that
frown.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gotcha homie!

We're scheduled to get three of them:
1. Navy Longwing on Red Dainite Sole
2. Olive Plain Toe on Red Dainite Sole
3. Brown Suede / Brown Leather Saddle shoe on Dainite Sole

Not sure exactly when they'll arrive, but it should be sometime in the next 3-4 weeks.

Oh, I've got an important question for you guys. The Epaulet suit separates will be put into work next week - for a late October delivery. I'm wrestling with the colors. One suit will definitely be Navy. The other will be either a medium grey or a dark charcoal. Here are the swatches:

4990589105_e19822d4f7_z.jpg

Here's my thinking on the pro's for both of them:

Medium Grey
1. The Super 120's wool has great texture and it's more visible here
2. This color is really 60's, and will pop a shirt & tie combo really well.
3. It looks great with brown or black shoes
4. I feel that this might be more appealing as a sportcoat than a charcoal sportcoat. And they should be able to be worn separately.

Charcoal
1. Darker color that could be more appropriate for Fall
2. A lot of guys need black suits forevents, weddings, etc. This is so dark, that it could potentially stand in for a black suit if things aren't super formal.

What do you guys think? Any feelings either way?

Do a light grey so I don't need to buy an H&M suit and so I have something to wear navy blue suede shoes with. Kthx.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthapacke