• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin

Baller-8.jpg

Are those cordovans?

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex
I understand it is a huge hassle to make pictures but you contribute a lot to the thread,bring back the pictures!

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Thank you for your kind words.

- B

:clap clap:

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBer
Are those cordovans?

You know, I am not sure. I do not think so though. They have a different feel to my shell gunboats, and they crease differently.

Mike

GBer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Like the hair. Trousers/shirt are too close in pattern for comfort, for me.

Haven't worn a suit much this week, but took a photo today:

aug26003.jpg
aug26002.jpg

aug26001.jpg

Trousers and jacket don't quiet match for a suit...?

GBer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
Once more, with feeling...have a nice weekend, guys, and forgive me spamming
smile.gif

260820101739.jpg

Very hipster ala Kramer on Seinfeld
eh.gif

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spoozy, you look like a guy I would chill with...excellent look with the denim and casual jacket, and I'm so very jealous of the hair...one day, long ago, I did have hair like that.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fri1.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

fri3001.jpg

fri3004.jpg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking good Rob, very nice casual outfit, and the bucks really make it. Looks like you guys had a great time..

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Looking good Rob, very nice casual outfit, and the bucks really make it. Looks like you guys had a great time..

Thanks G, my daughter was making seal noises all the way home...lol...arrf, arrrfff, arrrfffff.

topbroker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
This is my most flamboyant suit. My boss, who is rarely here, has not seen it. I am sure he would make a big deal about it. Either way, it won't stop me from wearing it...I am known as the freak at my workplace. They expect these kinds of suits.

This is an interesting point. Since my twenties -- I am in my early fifties now -- I have been the "odd man out" at every workplace I have spent time in. I assume this is true of many of you as well, not just the estimable Mr. Breinin. I know that someotherstyle has written briefly about this at his tumblr blog, that some of his colleagues think he is "out there."

I have always liked this nonpareil role and try to play it with panache. As Mike says, it creates an expectation, and then people are disappointed when you dress too "average." I recall my days as a young legal assistant, when I perhaps inadvisedly outdressed many of the attorneys I worked for (but I did great work, so it did not matter much). A fellow worker said admiringly one day, "Man, you don't give a ****, do you?" I think that secretly, many of our colleagues admire us for our guts -- they wouldn't necessarily want to wear what we wear, but they like the idea of our not giving a ****.

Butler

Reaction score
IMG]http://a.imageshack.us/img291/5306/27082010184u.jpg[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

READY FOR BALLIN!

Steven Hitchcock SB Velvet no vent DJ with peaked lapel grosgrain facings & grosgrain backless waistcoat
Worn with my Dress suit trousers, as I'm too cheap to have specific DJ trousers made up and nobody ever notices the 2 strips intead of one :)
Turnbull & Asser self designed dinner shirt with Budd detachable Imperial collar
T & A black trimmed PS
Grosgrain Thomas Pink self tie

tshaw

Reaction score
Very NICE! - on all 'fronts'...
laugh.gif
Somehow, I don't believe you're the butler, otherwise you have a very nice boss...
laugh.gif
Hope you and the Lady had a great time.

Seriously, like it all alot - esp., the shirt..

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads