• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inception

Duff_Man

Reaction score
Movie was awesome. Collect groan at the very end, though.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Saw it last night - I was dragged to it and was prepared to hate it, but it is a very very good movie.

The ending is solid. Be prepared to come up with your own Talmudic interpretations.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Saw it last night - I was dragged to it and was prepared to hate it, but it is a very very good movie.

The ending is solid. Be prepared to come up with your own Talmudic interpretations.

well everyone groaned at the part when marion Cotillard unclasped her bra from the front and it just ended before the actual boob and nipple part.

just kidding.

WSW

Reaction score
One of those movies where you'll feel compelled to rewatch to make much more sense of it, in a good way. After the first viewing, I'm inclined to go with the simplest and most satisfying interpretation, that there is no "twist" at the end.
Makes the most sense to me from all the evidence and requires less convoluted explanations than the other possible scenarios.

What does everyone else think?

Easily the best summer movie this year.

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score
An inventive piece of film making, though not a great film. A few tweaks and it could have been a classic. That said, everyone should see this. By far one of the better films this year, definitely the best "summer" film and a must for cinemaphiles.

rexthedestroyer

Reaction score
Good movie and I will see it again. IMDB is on fire right now. Two arguements are going on. Whether this film is great or trash and what did the end signify.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rexthedestroyer
Good movie and I will see it again. IMDB is on fire right now. Two arguements are going on. Whether this film is great or trash and what did the end signify.
I ******* hate this ****. It's TDK all over again. Why do people have to take other people's opinions of a film so personally? Movie fanboys (and haters) are just as bad as those people who fight online battles over video game consoles. Or soccer hooligans. Or people who belong to political parties. ****.

fir3fox

Reaction score
Just saw it.

Really enjoyed it, but it wasn't perfect.

I did have a few questions tho, is there a spoiler function built in this forum?

rexthedestroyer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fir3fox
Just saw it.

Really enjoyed it, but it wasn't perfect.

I did have a few questions tho, is there a spoiler function built in this forum?

IMDB is probably a better place to go if you don't want to spoil the movie for anyone. They are all over it right now.

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by limping_decorum
there was a collective groan from the audience at the latest m. night shyamalan movie trailer.

Ha! - the same happened at the IMAX theatre where I was. People have really tired of his crap (though the movie in question, Devil, is not directed by him).

rexthedestroyer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
I ******* hate this ****. It's TDK all over again. Why do people have to take other people's opinions of a film so personally? Movie fanboys (and haters) are just as bad as those people who fight online battles over video game consoles. Or soccer hooligans. Or people who belong to political parties. ****.

Oh, I love the people that call anything they don't like in a movie "lazy writing". These wannabes couldn't wrtie their way out of a wet paper bag, yet they always have some crap to talk about.

This was a solid movie, albeit a bit complicated.

dave333

Reaction score
Amazing movie experience I thought. Loved the some of the crazy fight scenes, the complexity of it, and I thought the ending was solid.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur