• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Ford Love

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Pump up the volume, pump up the volume...

7bd62bb3.jpg

e2961996.jpg

teh links - Fathers day part 2... mosaic mother of pearl.
inlove.gif

d5903001.jpg

I like this combo alot. Well done.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers 0bs! I almost went with my blue spotted as well
eh.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast

MB's bowtie look yesterday got me to dig one of mine out today:

jun22005.jpg
jun22002.jpg

jun22001.jpg

Had my camera at work for once, so took a random snap in one of the interview rooms too, to give a different perspective:

jun22006.jpg

One of your best looks in a while HF. I really like it.

Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
100_3910.jpg

inlove.gif
Couldn't stop looking down at my feet all morning.
biggrin.gif

Sweet kicks.

Mike

OffTheRack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
+ 1

Same here. Not that I do this myself, yet, as I've explained previously, but I generally think that if you're deciding between a a bold tie and a bold sport coat--the sport coat is preferable because it works together with everything else, rather than creating a single focal point through the tie. Definitely the area of my wardrobe I'm most interested in expanding.

The sport coat, navy tie, solid shirt really hits that sweet spot of put together, dressed like a gentleman, but not too stuffy or thought about; appropriate for almost any situation aside from evening formal or the boardroom. To me, I think that's the goal of an outfit.

Doral

Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
I think your lady was right ... i do like the pants though!
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
One of the few times I will say, listen to the woman when it comes to "matching".
wink.gif
She's right, it's a garish clash that doesn't break the rules in a good way.

Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Gotta agree on this point, the combination just doesn't work.
I would have to also agree with her, however I do like them, perhaps with a navy blazer and not so red of a tie.
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Sorry Doral - I'm with your girlfriend on the tie, but having said that the shoes, socks and trousers work perfectly together.
Thanks for all the constructive criticism and suggestions guys. Live and learn
thumbs-up.gif
.. I guess that I will have to eat some crow and tell her that she was right. Although we did have a good laugh about my choice of colors over dinner later that evening and why I was off of my game.

OffTheRack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Requiem
I've been lurking around for many months but today's look from Holdfast is my favorite from him. You rock in a bow tie!
bigstar[1].gif

Originally Posted by MBreinin
One of your best looks in a while HF. I really like it.

I agree, I think it's your best in a while too. I think its one of your more connected/coordinated outfits--the contrast of the patterns (stripes, bowtie print, dotted square) keep it interesting, and the colors of all three items along with the shoes connect with burgandy/purple without being matchy, and the hints of gold in the tie and square are a great compliment to both navy and burgandy. A look suitable for business without compromising your style.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IronRock
OK - Numero uno, lets see what I can learn....

My thoughts are that the sleeves need shortening (difficult to tell, sorry), and changing the buttons to dark brown horn.

Any thoughts?

Difficult to judge slleve length with the bent arms. I don't mind the paler buttons.

Pump up the volume, pump up the volume...
Big hit
smile.gif

Originally Posted by OffTheRack
Contrast for Monday - btw, its amazing what a difference an HD monitor makes in terms of color and sharpness.
Nice shirt. Is there enough contrast in tone between the blazer and trousers? It's difficult to tell without a full shot but the trousers look quite dark.

Originally Posted by PandArts
Cool photos.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Time Warp Tuesday.

SC is a vintage Stanley Blacker from 1963...could pass as a new Thom Browne. RLBL pants, polo shirt and tie, Florsheim Imperial V-Cleat gunboats in black (boo-hiss).

Have a great one, everyone.

Mike

Great SC, you've got a definite eye for these vintage pieces.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
jun22006.jpg

Great look and this photo really shows the fit off.

Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Very cool. Wasn't sure about the lightness of the waistcoat in the first pic, but this one shows it works.
Cheers - the camera hasn't captured today's combo very well. The waistcoat is cotton cordlane - raised blue and white stripes. I think a blue shirt and tan or pink waistcoat might work better with it.

Originally Posted by Requiem

ManofKent and gregaz look as good as always... true sartorial gods.
worship.gif

Thanks

Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
After-work crumplevision is back:
You call that crumpled! I'm more crumpled than that 30 minutes after leaving the house
blush.gif

Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
inlove.gif
Couldn't stop looking down at my feet all morning.
biggrin.gif

I can see why
laugh.gif
worship.gif

Originally Posted by Doral
Thanks for all the constructive criticism and suggestions guys. Live and learn
thumbs-up.gif
.. I guess that I will have to eat some crow and tell her that she was right. Although we did have a good laugh about my choice of colors over dinner later that evening and why I was off of my game.

I learn much more from my misses than my hits, and there was much that was good about the combination - swap the tie for navy, or burnt orange and it would have been a big hit.

OffTheRack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Nice shirt. Is there enough contrast in tone between the blazer and trousers? It's difficult to tell without a full shot but the trousers look quite dark.

Sorry about that. The color of the trousers didn't come through very well in that light. They're a medium gray, vergining on light gray. Significantly lighter than the blazer, which is pretty inky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members