• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Pardon the construction on the iGent deck.

img1308xc.jpg

img1321s.jpg

img1317n.jpg

img1316b.jpg

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KtownGreg
Today's Father's Day pix with a little help. Come on, Mags. I'm trying to take a picture here.

20100620-DSC_0044.jpg
20100620-DSC_0047.jpg
20100620-DSC_0048.jpg

Details: BB, BB, Bill's, Aldens, 5513, AO, PS? linen

Some of my last pre-SF pants. Still too baggy even after alterations. Off they go to my brother.

20100620-DSC_0062.jpg
20100620-DSC_0060.jpg
20100620-DSC_0059.jpg

Have a great week, ladies.

20100620-DSC_0050.jpg

Originally Posted by AlanC

img1308xc.jpg

img1321s.jpg

img1317n.jpg

img1316b.jpg

Nice from both of you. Greg, I know people have gone on about trying to slim your silhouette etc etc but I think it looks great. Natural and effortless.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Tom Ford Love

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJE
Spoo that suit looks good on you. The socks are too much for a dark suit. I wouldn't have chosen that tie - maybe something with more blue (floral or paisley?), to go with the suit and the pink - but such observations usually come across as fatuous. Although yesterday's combination http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=13413 just didn't gel for me. I think getting combinations right is your weakness.

I strongly disagree. If you're spending 15-20 minutes trying to combine an outfit, you're trying to hard. forget about all that mixing patterns/colors bs and just pick a suit, shirt, tie, pocket sqaure, socks, and a pair of shoes and be done with it. As long as it's not looking like you've gotten dressed in the dark, I think you're good to go.

Spoo- You obviously have the frame and a fully stocked closet, I think your combinations are fresh and very clean. If it's not too much for you you might want to branch into some stronger patterns (loud plaids, herringbone, houndstooth) i think you might find that you like the freedom that comes with the ability to just simply pick and wear. And perhaps maybe some brighter colors? just a suggestion, I already think you look sharp.

Tom Ford Love

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Folsom prison greys Thursday :

b10c7538.jpg

187860f7.jpg

f130507f.jpg

Who makes all the items in this ensemble? Suit, shirt, pocket square...

Tom Ford Love

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

6caab685.jpg

497f0e7d.jpg

b7e3350c.jpg

*apologies in advance for the overly saturated pics. Could not get the proper contrast down... the tie is really not that neon.

I really like this combo. Great use of piece matching. And despite what others have said, I really like the tie.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tom Ford Love
I strongly disagree. If you're spending 15-20 minutes trying to combine an outfit, you're trying to hard. forget about all that mixing patterns/colors bs and just pick a suit, shirt, tie, pocket sqaure, socks, and a pair of shoes and be done with it. As long as it's not looking like you've gotten dressed in the dark, I think you're good to go.

this reminds of the two inch discussion .i.e. vox, he had a god statement (i'm to lazy to link it.)

let it foo...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
thetruthisoutthere.jpg

critiziscm, you cannot take it, period

no bukkake, it's your turn...

tell me...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Spoo- You obviously have the frame and a fully stocked closet, I think your combinations are fresh and very clean. If it's not too much for you you might want to branch into some stronger patterns (loud plaids, herringbone, houndstooth) i think you might find that you like the freedom that comes with the ability to just simply pick and wear. And perhaps maybe some brighter colors? just a suggestion, I already think you look sharp.
I have tons of louder stuff - but I think these guys would have a heart attack if I pulled it out.
blush.gif
Who makes all the items in this ensemble? Suit, shirt, pocket square...
Suit - Tom Ford for Gucci Shirt - Valentino Tie - Versace PS - Robert Talbott Socks - Richard James Savile Row Shoes - Brioni
I really like this combo. Great use of piece matching. And despite what others have said, I really like the tie.
I really appreciate all your positive commentary. Seems we have a similar style.
fistbump.gif

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
this reminds of the two inch discussion .i.e. vox, he had a god statement (i'm to lazy to link it.)

let it foo...

Interesting typo.
I believe Vox claimed he sported more than 2 inches (although that might have been a different discussion).

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC

img1308xc.jpg

[/IMG]

Great look, Alan. Details on the tie, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8