• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
facepalm.gif
Since when did looking taller take precedence over having any sense of style? Since when is being short such a bad thing? Really when you're neglecting any semblence of colour because it makes you look a bit shorter, you ought to ask yourself whether you are more concerned about expressing yourself (which I think has little to do with height) or adhering to society's ideals. People always mock the SF uniform as its a one-size-fits-all aesthetic that doesn't represent the person wearing it. Well what do you think you are saying by trying to look like society/the media's representation of an idealistic man or woman? One of the greatest things about fashion is its subjectivity, that there is no one ideal that everyone adopts, but many different ideals that are as individual as the person. What kind of message are you sending by saying you dress a certain way because it makes you look taller/more buff/insert-characteristic-of-stereotypical-beauty-here? I can tell you it is not one of having your own personal style, as far as I can see. /endrant

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
facepalm.gif

Since when did looking taller take precedence over having any sense of style? Since when is being short such a bad thing? Really when you're neglecting any semblence of colour because it makes you look a bit shorter, you ought to ask yourself whether you are more concerned about expressing yourself (which I think has little to do with height) or adhering to society's ideals. People always mock the SF uniform as its a one-size-fits-all aesthetic that doesn't represent the person wearing it. Well what do you think you are saying by trying to look like society/the media's representation of an idealistic man or woman? One of the greatest things about fashion is its subjectivity, that there is no one ideal that everyone adopts, but many different ideals that are as individual as the person. What kind of message are you sending by saying you dress a certain way because it makes you look taller/more buff/insert-characteristic-of-stereotypical-beauty-here? I can tell you it is not one of having your own personal style, as far as I can see.

/endrant

Whoa man, you're setting up a pretty intense false dichotomy. You can definitely do both, and I don't think it's the fault of any kind of SF uniform. I'm a mix of the two approaches you described, and so is GN, I think. He obviously cares about style, he wants to look good, but he doesn't want to look short, because it sucks a huge dick to be short, especially if you're short and single at the same time. I like being expressive and working in color and texture into my wardrobe in large quantities, but I also rep the Cuban heel. Partly because the Beatles wore them, partly because it elevates me to normal-person height. It's not "make up for physical shortcomings or have a personal style", you can do both.

Sorry for jumping on you earlier without proper context before though (no ****). I do agree that more people should wear color instead of going for "all black = cool" approach. Diz can do it, but that's because Diz is a badass motherfucker.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dan.
DSCF7427.jpg

It's raining in the North West of England.....

Mountain Research jacket
White tshirt
APC jeans
Flytops

Speak of the devil...
Simple, a little boring, and everything seems slightly baggy, but I do really like that one piece of colorblocking on the jacket. Really adds character.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
facepalm.gif
Since when did looking taller take precedence over having any sense of style? Since when is being short such a bad thing? Really when you're neglecting any semblence of colour because it makes you look a bit shorter, you ought to ask yourself whether you are more concerned about expressing yourself (which I think has little to do with height) or adhering to society's ideals. People always mock the SF uniform as its a one-size-fits-all aesthetic that doesn't represent the person wearing it. Well what do you think you are saying by trying to look like society/the media's representation of an idealistic man or woman? One of the greatest things about fashion is its subjectivity, that there is no one ideal that everyone adopts, but many different ideals that are as individual as the person. What kind of message are you sending by saying you dress a certain way because it makes you look taller/more buff/insert-characteristic-of-stereotypical-beauty-here? I can tell you it is not one of having your own personal style, as far as I can see. /endrant

GraphicNovelty himself said he doesn't like how the contrast makes him look shorter... all the comments that followed were in the context of what he said :kanyeshrug:

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
facepalm.gif

Since when did looking taller take precedence over having any sense of style? Since when is being short such a bad thing? Really when you're neglecting any semblence of colour because it makes you look a bit shorter, you ought to ask yourself whether you are more concerned about expressing yourself (which I think has little to do with height) or adhering to society's ideals. People always mock the SF uniform as its a one-size-fits-all aesthetic that doesn't represent the person wearing it. Well what do you think you are saying by trying to look like society/the media's representation of an idealistic man or woman? One of the greatest things about fashion is its subjectivity, that there is no one ideal that everyone adopts, but many different ideals that are as individual as the person. What kind of message are you sending by saying you dress a certain way because it makes you look taller/more buff/insert-characteristic-of-stereotypical-beauty-here? I can tell you it is not one of having your own personal style, as far as I can see.

/endrant

none of this would have been written if you weren't 5'2"

dls6128

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
That shirt does not match you or the rest of your outfit. The print is child-like (nearly resembling baby clothing), yet you look large and muscular. And wearing it tight and cropped in length seems to only emphasize this disconnect. The incongruity is really distributing.

+1, they look like reconstituted children's pajamas to me.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
you're my long lost twin sister. Now c'mere and give me some lovin.

incestuous pause.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Breaking up chatter with fits - it's how we do.

Click for full-size version.\t

Jil Sander / Dior Homme / Alexander McQueen / Helmut Lang

jacket should be kept to monochrome outfits only, IMO. Unfortunately, the very out there Raf stuff tends to be like that, and the marble stuff is definitely not a wardrobe basic.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quasky
yup, all black errythang is definitely better. also, i would lose the cap. makes the whole fit look a little juvenile, imho.
Agreed, the hat is far more detrimental. I see that and instantly think of a little kid

longpost
You just mad cause you short

Originally Posted by JD_May
Breaking up chatter with fits - it's how we do.
Click for full-size version.\t

Jil Sander / Dior Homme / Alexander McQueen / Helmut Lang

That jacket, those pants....
inlove.gif

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
toj might really got a point here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?