• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just unfriended 12 people on Facebook

henrikc

Reaction score
Just 12?
A couple of weeks ago I decided that I didn't give a damn about a lot of people I went to school with from 13 to 16, so I deleted all of them, and then I deleted some more, random people I really don't care about. I think I removed around 100 people, and I'm planning on removing some more once I start attending university - just feels wrong to remove current classmates before we're done.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I don't even need to check, I know we're still friends.
inlove.gif
Douglas' gotta stick together.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea 12 is pretty lame ****. I've rolled 100+ to the curb cause I didn't give a damn about them. The biggest problem in deleting so many douche bags is eventually they realize and try and add you as a friend again... making you hit the 'ignore' button that many times more...

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just drag them over to a limited-access friend category.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
For a time I would accept friend requests from people I was unsure about, to see whether the light came on after a while. Usually there are mutual friends involved.

Sometimes it worked, sometimes I figured out who it was and thought better of it, and there's still one person who I have no idea who or why or what she is, and I can't tell if she's still in school or if she's married or both, and I've really not cared enough to check.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
I just recently unfriended an actual real-life friend for a grievous indiscretion.

Let me guess he poked you or tagged you in an unflattering picture.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I refuse to add anyone I wouldn't buy a pint for in a pub. I have 214 friends, and it makes my epenis look shrivelled up.

epliohunk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
I refuse to add anyone I wouldn't buy a pint for in a pub.

Voila. This or people I would not be able to introduce to other people.

"This is... (what's your name already?)... yeah.. from high school... (have we ever actually talked or do we just have a lot of friends in common?)..."

If I have not seen someone in a year, yet that we live in the same city, I don't see why we should keep some kind of virtual relationship.

Yet I accept all friend requests because you can't know exactly what the person wants from you... most often nothing (I delete those after a few months) but sometime they're genuinely interested by you even if you've only met once or twice on some drunken night.

At the same time I don't even get why I take the time and effort to actually delete those people.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
I just recently unfriended an actual real-life friend for a grievous indiscretion.

I told you I was sorry.
What is it you want me to do?

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread makes me feel motivated to start the purge. Off to Facebook.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unfriended = Adjective
Defriended = Verb

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the friend-deletion compulsion. I've found superficial "contacts" on Facebook to be useful, professionally, on multiple occasions. You never know when an old connection could help you secure a new opportunity.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBBSTI LTD