• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I <3 Fuuma. I'm sure that picture was taken in Paris but it's really making me want to go back to NY and stay

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
I <3 Fuuma. I'm sure that picture was taken in Paris but it's really making me want to go back to NY and stay

Censored girl is Jewish so that sorta makes it NYC but yeah, taken in Paris.

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
there seems to be a cultural void between SWD and MC, and it has little if anything to do with age. no one should assume that one day they will "graduate" from SWD and wander over to MC permanently.
I disagree with the second part of your post, to an extent. I wore pretty fashion-forward stuff for a while, but when I got a new day-job I realized most of my wardrobe was unsuitable to be worn there. I picked up more work appropriate clothing like chinos and buttondown shirts, and I find myself wearing these sort of things on the weekends a lot more often now. Likewise, I think that when you put yourself in a more professional setting requiring suits and MC-ish attire, you're more likely to wear variations of this stuff in a more casual setting as well.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
fuuma looking good. ****, my hair is that length now but just too thick and unruly. wish it would lay like a normal person like that. looks nice there. maybe i need to sheer and thin the **** out of it to get it like that.

yea, i'm fine with uncontrol as a poster but still don't like any of his fits. dont' think that being &quot;different from the norm&quot; is an excuse. just don't think they look that good. Also don't think that every opinion/genre is good in the eye of the beholder or whatever. Can't be right or wrong but can be good/bad imo. Don't think dogs playing poker is on the same level as van gogh or miley cyrus as good as the beatles but it just being a matter of opinion or what you happen to like. He can keep on keeping on, but i think he can still find a balance between being flamboyant and actually looking good but i'm sure it's more fun for him to be a character that polarizes most. It's empowering which is why you see so many weird subgroups in high school like mallgoths, etc...

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
I need to start dressing "well" for work, and I just bought items I'm already familiar with from SW+D - a Dries, N. Hoolywood, and now Jil Suit, Uni-qlo dress pants, Jil shoes, N. Hoolywood / uni-qlo dress shirts. It's a totally different vibe, not a natural progression. Dudes over there might murder for wearing "fashion" MC stuff

this is how to do it. I have been eyeballing a particular Dries suit for a month or two and might have to get it soon. I rarely need a suit and would just wear it for fun now and then. I used to have to wear a suit all the time and hated it. Suits are much more enjoyable when they are a special occasion thing.

did I see you post that you are leaving for Japan?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
this is how to do it. I have been eyeballing a particular Dries suit for a month or two and might have to get it soon. I rarely need a suit and would just wear it for fun now and then. I used to have to wear a suit all the time and hated it. Suits are much more enjoyable when they are a special occasion thing.

did I see you post that you are leaving for Japan?

Yep, took a long-term position, so I'll be in Seoul and later Kobe city come July

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tooshay
IMG_0782.jpg

Jcrew
Albam
LVC 47
DB
Filson

This looks great. I love the fit of your jeans.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dibadiba
I disagree with the second part of your post, to an extent. I wore pretty fashion-forward stuff for a while, but when I got a new day-job I realized most of my wardrobe was unsuitable to be worn there. I picked up more work appropriate clothing like chinos and buttondown shirts, and I find myself wearing these sort of things on the weekends a lot more often now.
Likewise, I think that when you put yourself in a more professional setting requiring suits and MC-ish attire, you're more likely to wear variations of this stuff in a more casual setting as well.

Well I was just highlighting the cultural differences between SWD and MC, not so much the clothes themselves. I agree that fashion forward clothes will not work in certain conservative offices.

But plenty of MC looks wouldn't work in certain conservative offices either!

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I graduated to SW/D from MC instead of the other way around. No point in wearing suits and **** to elementary school, ESPECIALLY if they don't let me wear my ******* shoes. Guys in MC clothing wearing sandals and slippers looks ******* ridiculous. Also more like almost every single MC look would not pass for conservative offices. Way too much color and spresazoaoaijdatrua.
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Yep, took a long-term position, so I'll be in Seoul and later Kobe city come July
Don't forget to bring your size 30 5010s to sell to me!

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
too closed minded to just have one element - i take from both mc and sw&amp;d as influence... shows in my work fits as i have usually fairly slim MC-esque pieces with a SW&amp;D jacket

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Disposable cameras are nice:

Is my face appropriate for what I'm wearing or should I switch to Visvim or something?

what jeans ? y'a une couche cireuse la dessu ?
btw did you get pm ?

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
yea, i'm fine with uncontrol as a poster but still don't like any of his fits. dont' think that being "different from the norm" is an excuse. just don't think they look that good. Also don't think that every opinion/genre is good in the eye of the beholder or whatever. Can't be right or wrong but can be good/bad imo. Don't think dogs playing poker is on the same level as van gogh or miley cyrus as good as the beatles but it just being a matter of opinion or what you happen to like. He can keep on keeping on, but i think he can still find a balance between being flamboyant and actually looking good but i'm sure it's more fun for him to be a character that polarizes most. It's empowering which is why you see so many weird subgroups in high school like mallgoths, etc...

just a note that i'm aware i'm flamboyant and tacky, but i'm also not playing a character

i am just a flamboyant and tacky person i guess

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I know you are self aware. Never doubted that. It was more about how others perceived you. Still think there are better applications for your &quot;style&quot; where you can make it more stylish and less tacky or shockvalue. No hate in wanting to be tacky and sorta ugly while young and given the oppurtunity. Wouldn't be a stretch in the future for you to better express/attack &quot;your style&quot;. Not that you can't now but i know you willingly choose not to knowing the pros/cons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members