• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GB Pound at a 9-month low to USD...

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks like it's time to finally order those C&J Lowdes I've been putting off.

You guys getting your orders in (more MTO EGs bigbris1)? Think it's going lower?

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrZRM
looks like it's time to finally order those C&J Lowdes I've been putting off.

You guys getting your orders in (more MTO EGs bigbris1)? Think it's going lower?

I havent seen it this low against the Indian Rupee in years. Looks like I might be taking my summer vacation in Scotland.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it goes further down to $1.36 per British pound, then I'm putting in some shoe orders through Northampton and pray some London Lounge cloths come to fruition ASAP in terms of payment

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, right now its cheaper to order directly from Northhampton than it is from P. Lal, and the NY Times thinks it may drop lower.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, right now its cheaper to order directly from Northhampton than it is from P. Lal, and the NY Times thinks it may drop lower.

Trend certainly seems down and that for years now... I think it would take quite a bit to go the other way.

Bartolo

Reaction score
Retail watch prices in Heathrow duty-free shops were in some cases a little lower than US retail.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd get your orders in now - there are a lot of jitters over whether the forthcoming general election will result in a hung-parliament. Market confidence could change again once it's over.

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
I'd get your orders in now - there are a lot of jitters over whether the forthcoming general election will result in a hung-parliament. Market confidence could change again once it's over.

Pound could get worse though ( from UK buyer perspective) Lots of tough actions will be postponed until it is over. Much pain to follow.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought it was due to the expectation that UK will also have problems with its sovereign debt

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
My G&G Bespokes were put onto my UK credit card, I pray it drops more so then I can clear it faster when paying in HKD

sm332

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Yes.

I've a friend in SE Europe who's very confident the Euro-Dollar will hit 1:1 this calendar year.

arbitrage oppty then!!

Given that I am going to owe 50K euros to some financial institution for my MBA. A strengthening USD means a strengthened CDN which is good for me!!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy