• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Thank you. Holland & Sherry 14oz fresco.
Thanks. This is heavier in weight but lighter in color than your Minnis 0520, right? Which would you recommend for a first fresco suit?

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Errands and such...
3d6a6797.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
Thanks. This is heavier in weight but lighter in color than your Minnis 0520, right? Which would you recommend for a first fresco suit?

Yes, it's quite a bit heavier.

Is your suit for what we call warm weather in New England? If so, definitely the Minnis.

- B

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
here you go: http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/200...ican-longwing/ How does Barrie last fit you relative to Grant last (BBBF LWs?)
Surprised, but I can't say I like those too much.. Barrie fits a little bigger on me, am a 10 1/2D in the BBBF, but need these in a solid 10D. These are 10 1/2D, so I ordered the 10s also, and will save these ones for winter wear when a heavier sock makes the fit perfection..
Originally Posted by elgreco
gnatty - is the jacket an Isaia from STP? It looks better than I realized. I'm jealous they ran out of my size!
Wow, they are just getting these now? Have had this coat for close to 3 years, bought it at Neiman Marcus in Atlanta. Edit, went and checked STP and yeah, that looks like the same coat, great price also..

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's quite a bit heavier.

Is your suit for what we call warm weather in New England? If so, definitely the Minnis.

Gotcha. Thanks again.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gregaz
KTown - bless your work and efforts. Thank you!

You miss a day, takes you an hour to catch up ... puts it in perspective how much time is collectively wasted on this thread.

Friday:

DSC_9420.jpg
DSC_9417.jpg

DSC_9424.jpg

what shoes are those?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KtownGreg
Been away a bit. Spent some time in Leogane. Amongst all this

First off - my thoughts were with you the past few weeks as I figured you were down there. You are an inspiration to us all.

Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
otzrqh.jpg

2ahcc3t.jpg

Secondly - BAM! Fantastic coat. Is it cotton? Perfect shade of tan.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friday and Saturday. In a hotel before clinic presentations.

j27003.jpg

j27023.jpg

j27028.jpg

j27033.jpg

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

KtownGreg

Reaction score
G., your photographs are humbling but also inspirational.

I hope that it will please you that they led to a renewed conversation family conversation this evening about doing something similar, which we might start this coming year.

Anyway, thank you for sharing them.
- B

Good to hear. I hope to see the fruits of your labor/time/energy/prayers...

Originally Posted by Eligius
Thanks you for sharing your grace in Haiti, Greg.
worship.gif

Originally Posted by niidawg3
great shots Greg. God bless you and your family!!
Originally Posted by aeglus
You're doing far more than I can do for years and I respect that a lot Greg. Even if you wore a trash bag I'd give you props for what you're doing. Thanks for being there, whatever the reason.
Originally Posted by jhao
Greg,
thumbs-up.gif
for your work in Haiti.

Originally Posted by luftvier
+1,000,000.
Originally Posted by Big A
Thanks for tilting the karmic wheel a bit towards those of us who spend too much time worrying about clothes.
Originally Posted by ManofKent
You're looking good Greg, and well done for doing good.
Originally Posted by JayJay
Welcome back! Obviously you've been doing great work while away, which is terrific.
Originally Posted by gnatty8
+1 KTown, inspiring to us all..
Originally Posted by gregaz
KTown - bless your work and efforts. Thank you!
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
First off - my thoughts were with you the past few weeks as I figured you were down there. You are an inspiration to us all.

Anyone interested in random pix can go here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=f3fff73c4e

Wow. Thank you, everyone. I doubt the responses would have been as strong if one could have smelled my nasty self. One story...

As patients could not get to our make-shift hospital we had a truck and went out looking for them. Imagine that in the US. I was led (by some ???) to this child in a tent city outside of town. One leg was easily 4 inches shorter than the other due to an impressive femur fracture. I carried him from the truck to the clinic yelled for an Ortho who said, "Damn. Take him to xray." The Japanese kindly had xray equipment and the diagnosis was confirmed. He was taken to surgery for treatment. Three hours later I see him lying on a cot under a tent waiting....

Once the remainder of the patients we had treated from that area were finished we loaded them onto the truck to take them home.

As I was carrying this kid with a big-ole cast through another tent city back to the truck I found myself talking aloud. I was looking at all the people in scavenged tents and listening to the random sounds wondering how in the hell I ended up there. As I was babbling aloud I looked down at this boy in my arms and he just looked up at me smiling.

At that moment I knew I could be nowhere else. I love those people. They are kind, resourceful and contain a fortitude I long to embrace. I know that God will rebuild Haiti......for the better.

Sorry for that but need to share.

Thank you all for the comments but it is so not about me. Back to regular programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt