Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

One story...

As patients could not get to our make-shift hospital we had a truck and went out looking for them. Imagine that in the US. I was led (by some ???) to this child in a tent city outside of town. One leg was easily 4 inches shorter than the other due to an impressive femur fracture. I carried him from the truck to the clinic yelled for an Ortho who said, "Damn. Take him to xray." The Japanese kindly had xray equipment and the diagnosis was confirmed. He was taken to surgery for treatment. Three hours later I see him lying on a cot under a tent waiting....

Once the remainder of the patients we had treated from that area were finished we loaded them onto the truck to take them home.

As I was carrying this kid with a big-ole cast through another tent city back to the truck I found myself talking aloud. I was looking at all the people in scavenged tents and listening to the random sounds wondering how in the hell I ended up there. As I was babbling aloud I looked down at this boy in my arms and he just looked up at me smiling.

At that moment I knew I could be nowhere else. I love those people. They are kind, resourceful and contain a fortitude I long to embrace. I know that God will rebuild Haiti......for the better.

Sorry for that but need to share.

Thank you all for the comments but it is so not about me. Back to regular programming.

Thanks so much for sharing this, and for the great work you are doing.

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

After being made aware that my driving mocs: would simply not do, I went out and got these:

[​IMG]

Better? [​IMG]

Oh yes, much better! [​IMG]

3. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Come on over ... join the East Coast stampede! [​IMG]

I've just returned to the frigid snow covered midwest after several wonderful days in those parts. Had a great time.

4. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Excuse for quality of pictures!
    [​IMG]

Very much admiring the herringbone overcoat. Missing your trademark gloves in the pocket! [​IMG]

5. clarinetplayer

Very nice suit!

Many thanks!

6. clarinetplayer

[​IMG]

An outstanding tie! I've never seen one like it. Details, please?

7. elgreco

elgreco Senior member

An outstanding tie! I've never seen one like it. Details, please?

Thank you, C. Tie is Alexander Olch, NY.
    [​IMG]

8. clarinetplayer

[​IMG]

Thanks! I missed this.

9. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Thank you, C. Tie is Alexander Olch, NY.

Thanks! There's a really nice selection of ties on their site. International shipping (plus customs) would probably something ridiculous though. Oh well, if I ever stop by New York any time soon... [​IMG]

10. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

SuperBowl Sunday in the A ... and a humble rendition of the "Greg Bowtie"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. clarinetplayer

SuperBowl Sunday in the A ... and a humble rendition of the "Greg Bowtie"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wonderful! Would love to see a close up of the bow tie. Details?

12. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Anyone interested in random pix can go here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=f3fff73c4e

Wow. Thank you, everyone. I doubt the responses would have been as strong if one could have smelled my nasty self. One story...

As patients could not get to our make-shift hospital we had a truck and went out looking for them. Imagine that in the US. I was led (by some ???) to this child in a tent city outside of town. One leg was easily 4 inches shorter than the other due to an impressive femur fracture. I carried him from the truck to the clinic yelled for an Ortho who said, "Damn. Take him to xray." The Japanese kindly had xray equipment and the diagnosis was confirmed. He was taken to surgery for treatment. Three hours later I see him lying on a cot under a tent waiting....

Once the remainder of the patients we had treated from that area were finished we loaded them onto the truck to take them home.

As I was carrying this kid with a big-ole cast through another tent city back to the truck I found myself talking aloud. I was looking at all the people in scavenged tents and listening to the random sounds wondering how in the hell I ended up there. As I was babbling aloud I looked down at this boy in my arms and he just looked up at me smiling.

At that moment I knew I could be nowhere else. I love those people. They are kind, resourceful and contain a fortitude I long to embrace. I know that God will rebuild Haiti......for the better.

Sorry for that but need to share.

Thank you all for the comments but it is so not about me. Back to regular programming.

Wonderful. I admire you tremendously.

Gregaz, beautiful stuff.
    Binge, that looks cold!

13. Eligius

Eligius Senior member

One of your best fits to date, NiiDawg. [​IMG]

14. CTGuy

CTGuy Made Guy

Friday:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wow. Next level stuff there. I really dig the bowtie and that jacket looks great. What are the deets on the jacket?

15. binge

binge Senior member

Louisiana in Humlebæk is great. I go there about once a year, but usually when the weather and temps allow you to really enjoy the beautiful park and surroundings as well.

Indeed, although I was skeptical when I approached from the street -- the front entrance building looks so small, and the queue was long -- I was quite pleasantly surprised by the whole estate, inside and out. And the snowy weather does give it a serene beauty all its own.

I did catch the Holdt exhibit. I think my reaction was different than that of the European viewers. It was quite crowded and it was as interesting to me to see the looks on the faces of the other patrons as it was to view the photos themselves.

Alas, now I am in sunny London. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.