• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jwied82
just got this lova pants and blazer from gilt. It was relatively cheap and i had some credit. 100% wool and made in USA, but the quality doesnt really seem all that great.

I'm looking for opinions on the fit, i feel like the jacket might be too long on me. Either way i a going to keep the pants, they fit well.

P1071303.jpg

P1071304.jpg

P1071316.jpg

Those creases at the top of your arms look just like the ones in some of my *ahem* unisex shirts and jackets. See if you can put your arms straight out in front of you and hug an invisible person while wearing the jacket, I tried this with some shirts and had to stop half-way or else my shirt would have torn at the armholes, the arm holes were too small to allow that range of movement.

The crease at the waist also suggests that the jacket is too small, personally I've never seen a jacket that looks better with creases in the waist than it would without.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I sort of want jwied to post a HOW DOES MY SUIT FIT thread in mc just to see them all foo out.

Honestly it's sorta too small for you but everyone already said it. The pulling at the arms makes me think it restricts your movement a lot.

Arizor

Reaction score
The jacket is definitely too small for you dude.

Also either pull the trousers up or get them hemmed, that's far too much break (stacking is not good for suit trousers).

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My SNS herning wool knit from tresbien arrived today - but it turns out to be purple instead of sea blue! I'm not sure about how it fits on me and whether or not i should of sized down - the model wears size L and i'm similar size to the model. He wears it kind of loose but i'm not sure if it would look better more fitted - it's kind of loosely fitted. Anyways here are some fit pics, opinions would greatly be appreciated!
snsherning1.jpg
The weight and quality of the wool is absolutely beautiful though, which makes me kind of sad to have this fit dilema.
snsherning2.jpg

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice colour, though I must admit that looking at the mid-to-lower body I think it's a size too big. It is a bit wide in the torso and a tad too long, this would be OK though if it weren't for the ribbing on the bottom that is making the length bunch into itself.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fit on sns looks fine, any smaller and the arms would be too short...

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
sorry but your steadfast rules are prehistoric. think outside the box man.

center & right
prada-aw-09-2-672x700.jpg

left
lanvin-aw09-2.jpg

center
calvin-klien-aw-09-1.jpg

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AriGold
I'm not sure about how it fits on me and whether or not i should of sized down - the model wears size L and i'm similar size to the model. He wears it kind of loose but i'm not sure if it would look better more fitted - it's kind of loosely fitted. Anyways here are some fit pics, opinions would greatly be appreciated!
english language fail. "I should have sized down"

jwied82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I sort of want jwied to post a HOW DOES MY SUIT FIT thread in mc just to see them all foo out.

Honestly it's sorta too small for you but everyone already said it. The pulling at the arms makes me think it restricts your movement a lot.

ha. i should do it. ive never posted in MC, so that would be a fun first (and probably only) post there.

on the pants... obviously i should have them hemmed, but i just got them. Its funny that people are telling me this as if i had no idea that they were too long or that trousers generally look better/are worn without a break.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
sorry but your steadfast rules are prehistoric. think outside the box man.

Uh oh. You're gonna make Kunk start fiending for the CK collection coat again with that pic. Those lanvin knit pants look really nice too. Nice high quality images too. Too bad that site only has recaps and not as many full collections though.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was checking out the OC sale on Schneider button ups last night and decided I'd need a size 7. Unfortunately they only had up to 6 so I didn't cop. But I left the window open and my girl, without consulting with me, decided to buy one as a surprise birthday present. So a big thumbs up to her, but I fear it'll be too small and there are no returns.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Uh oh. You're gonna make Kunk start fiending for the CK collection coat again with that pic. Those lanvin knit pants look really nice too. Nice high quality images too. Too bad that site only has recaps and not as many full collections though.

i am still surprised he didn't cop.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recall someone mentioning that they were only making like 3-4 of those Megaman jackets.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they made plenty but i didn;t see any make it to sale and the retail price was $1700. kunk don't pay retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PorpoisePerson7