• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I kinda liked the image to the left so I didn't crop. I feel like it is vulnerable to Mr Sam abuse. WW Chan shirt WW Chan suit Rubinacci tie (kindly lent to me) Edward Green shoes
YFYF-2010-01-05-re.jpg

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brucky
I had a feeling you guys would comment on the fit. It's because I'm slouched forward, which I'm sure you knew. Nice try though. I'll go with too boring, but I'm a lawyer not a dandy.

Here's another shot. The sleeves are the appropriate length when I'm not leaning up against crap. The fit of the suit is fine when I'm standing normally.

I do, however, agree that the collar was too pointy for that look, and I've since switched to a more spread collar. Of all the critiques that was the only non-cheap shot. Hey, at least there was one, right?

So give us a shot that properly shows the fit.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
I kinda liked the image to the left so I didn't crop. I feel like it is vulnerable to Mr Sam abuse.

WW Chan shirt
WW Chan suit
Rubinacci tie (kindly lent to me)
Edward Green shoes

YFYF-2010-01-05-re.jpg

Amazing!!
smile.gif

IST66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
With this Maize and Blue garage, I just KNEW that you were a University of Michigan man!
smile.gif

blockmlogo.jpg

With our sorry football team, we need all the supporters we can get!
laugh.gif

Nice coat and cap!!!!

I very much regret that never was the student of this university. I even never was on the Michigan. I will tell to you in secret that I never was in the USA. But I am ready to assist your team. If only you explain me game rules in the American football and tell to me where I should run....
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

THANK YOU!!!!
01-1.jpg

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brucky
C'mon guys, surprise me with something I can't guess. Wait, let me post pics of myself in my black suit! lulz

Southern California did nothing to kick the british out. Thus keep your comments to yourself.

Originally Posted by ter1413
Jacket looks way too big.

Yes. Too large in shoulders, too boxy, too long in sleeves.

Originally Posted by sonlegoman
Look at you! All sassy.

No cheapshots here: sleeves look too long, regardless of pose. Pants look too untapered, regardless of pose. Tie matches the suit like you're going to a funeral (and don't try to blame that on pose). Your comment that the collar is too pointed is the least of your worries, regardless of pose. Armscyes too low. Looks to me that the jacket and pants are too large.

^This.

Your comment that you're a lawyer, not a dandy? From the looks of it, you're no dandy. And probably not a good lawyer either. And that's not a cheapshot. Regardless of pose. And the shoes look like you live in Southern California.
Well, just because one's a lawyer doesn't exclude dandification. I hope that my dandification, sartorially speaking, continues after I'm admitted to the bar. Which includes the continued wearing of braces.

And they do look like SoCal shoes.
laugh.gif

Instead of getting angry, just relax and read up. You'll learn a bit about fit, color and patter matching, and quality. It's worth it.

Looks like you take all your advice from women. And the only time they found the sense to not insult you was at funerals. <--- probably not a cheapshot.
Don't ever take men's clothing advice from women. It almost always ends poorly.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IST66
I very much regret that never was the student of this university. I even never was on the Michigan. I will tell to you in secret that I never was in the USA. But I am ready to assist your team. If only you explain me game rules in the American football and tell to me where I should run....
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Let's start here:

handegg.jpg

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Well, just because one's a lawyer doesn't exclude dandification. I hope that my dandification, sartorially speaking, continues after I'm admitted to the bar. Which includes the continued wearing of braces.

Dandyism and lawyertude are definitely not mutually exclusive.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
I kinda liked the image to the left so I didn't crop. I feel like it is vulnerable to Mr Sam abuse.

WW Chan shirt
WW Chan suit
Rubinacci tie (kindly lent to me)
Edward Green shoes

that tie and the shirt collar roll kills
worship.gif

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
dont post here too often, hope you guys dig this
mccompLarge.jpg
mc005Large-1.jpg
Shirt: finamore napoli Tie: ermenegildo zegna Sweater: RLPL cashmere Jacket: brown sound Pants: some mall brand Shoes: koronya

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
custom tailored navy blazer (flannelish) with green paisley lining; 3b (black discs with gold rims);notch lapel; side-vents; flapped pockets
sand T. Lipson and Sons OCBD
mid-grey flannel slacks (pleated and cuffed)
oxblood AE Chesters
gold and navy Georgia Tech tie (http://images.footballfanatics.com/p...F_143923_l.jpg)

Getting my drink on for the Orange Bowl tonight -- hope the corn-fed Iowans don't kick the crap out of us ...
uhoh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads