• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going to New York - shopping/restaurant recommendations?

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Do you mean Esca? Good idea. Yeah, pretty much.
Thanks, Jamison. I did mean Esca. Pasternack is amazing. And strongly second your recommendation for lunch at Jean-Georges.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
All you can drink beer and wine for $24 is a pretty solid deal. Maybe Moo can arrange an NYC SF meet-up on the boat?

Ideally, Moo would lease the boat for all five days of his trip, going round and round Manhattan, day and night, while the SF meetup party goes full blast. Then, at the end, he could have it run aground into a pier, Caddyshack-style.

Maybe Buffy could be lashed to the bow as a kind of living figurehead while they are at sea.

Maybe Foo can splurge for the $2,900 charter for the group, because he's wealthy.

I have it on good authority (a.k.a., the Interwebz) that he is allowance-wealthy, the best kind. Particularly if the chores are minimal.

- B

mintyfresh

Reaction score
In regards to hotel, also check out VRBO.com - vacation rentals by owner.

You can rent someone's apartment - usually well-kept and clean and in a quaint neighborhood.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Beretta is a neat store to visit, too. Lots of cool man toys.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Also, the Carlyle.

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Lots of cool man toys.
eh.gif
Are you and Vox planning a gay cruise?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Also, the Carlyle.

That's where the Rubinacci flagship store is located. They have framed silk scarves on the wall that they won't sell. Very exclusive. Very Rubinacci.

Originally Posted by dv3
eh.gif

Are you and Vox planning a gay cruise?

Vox and I have planned many gay cruises.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
if you had said the following, you would have been my hero.

That's where the Rubinacci flagship store is located, which is about 30 blocks away from the Brown University Club. They have framed silk scarves on the wall that they won't sell. Very exclusive. Very Rubinacci.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Vox and I have planned many gay cruises.

Yes, the two of us and a boat full of lipstick lesbians.

It's a new Seabourn option. Pricey, though...you need a good allowance to be able to afford it.

- B

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My father's side is made up of sniveling Jews. My mother's side is made up of inauthentic Italians. I'll either claim or deny a particular half when it's appropriate.

I'd imagine the availability and price of certain ingredients, the availability of other cuisines which lead to bastardizations of classic recipes, evolving cultural differences (for example, the lack of long lunches here vs. there), etc.

Not so much the lack of ingredients, but the plethora of them in the US. Most Southern Italians were so poor, meat (rabbit, hare, boar, fish) was a luxury, and diet consisted on pasta, nuts, potato etc...

When we came here we were able to create a Southern Italian American cuisine based on dishes from the old country, with a New World luxury...different meats!

UpperWestie

Reaction score
This would be my approach. Where is the hotel?

One of our favorite restaurants in the city is a little hole in the wall called Hagi Sake Bar. It's a Japanese small-dish restaurant on 49th between 6th and 7th, basement level. It's casual and relatively inexpensive. Simple but excellent.

Foo - u try Aburiya Kinnosuke yet? it will blow your mind.

David Watts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
But you know their best stuff is never exported...

***grilled cheese sandwich for anyone who can get that reference***

33kq6oj.jpg

2du9uuo.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics